Ramsey Marina

slinkydevil

Not quite Marina-related but a Ramsey business has won a planning case against RTC objections...(source, MR News)

Screenshot_20220524-125409_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2022 at 4:06 PM, Youaintseenme said:

I completely disagree.  It would be the best thing to happen to Ramsey and possibly the island for decades if it came off.

It probably won’t thought because of all the haters towards any progress.

Really?  Isn't the man behind it a failed businessman living off his wife's wealth?

Hates road closures: https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/businessman-cleared-of-driving-on-closed-road-233497

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Why not?

Do you not think that if that facility as it is being proposed was in Ramsey today that the town would be better than it is now?

I am not talking about the logistics of building, possible issues raising funds etc.  I am saying if it was there now exactly as they are proposing it completed and with all the premises occupied then Ramsey would be better off.

I don’t see how anyone can argue with that?  There would still be loads of beach and in fact more useable beach at high tide with proper facilities.

no there would not as all that would be built is high priced houses and nothing else. Did you not note how this clown and his cohorts want to build the houses first?

• Like 1

Just now, Youaintseenme said:

Yes.  It looks brilliant to me.

A new beach, hotel, shops and restaurants, plus some new build property and hopefully all without any taxpayers money.

I don’t see why Ramsey wouldn’t want that?

Does your mum know you are playing on her laptop...

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

You haven’t actually given a reason why it wouldn’t benefit Ramsey “IF” it was completed as planned?

It just sounds like typical Ramsey negativity with no real though applied to be honest.

There is a lot more support for this scheme than people realise.

I and many others would like to see it approved ASAP assuming there were assurances around funding and timescales for completion.

if there was as much support as you think there is then surely it would have progressed by now. You and I both know that funding is not in place. Once the houses have been built you won't see him for dust. Just for clarity I fully supported making the quayside pedestrianised. 

Edited by Passing Time
  • Thanks 1

What baffles me is how they are just cracking on releasing news reports like the artificial reef piece as if it's all a foregone conclusion.  

They don't have funding.

They don't have planning. 

It's like some sort of weird propaganda exercise. 

I think there is no doubt that IF it went ahead as planned, then it would probably be good for the town of Ramsey. 

However, it is definitely not good for the Marine Protection area and no one 'builds beaches', the environment, currents etc are too dynamic and not fully understood.  It definitely wouldn't go to plan. 

Whilst there is supposed to be no Govt money going into this, unfortunately we all know that based upon every significant recent project on the Island, they will somehow meddle their way into it or cover it in so much redtape that the developers will just give up (probably just after they've built the houses and before anything remotely marina-y gets done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

That’s not what I am talking about.  I am saying it would be good for Ramsey if it happened, and you said it wouldn’t and then said I had nicked my mums laptop.

Anyway, you have since given The Phantoms post making the same point a “thanks” so I think you must have just been confused.

I think the only confused person is you. Phantom explains quite clearly just why it's a bad idea. You have just jumped into their pocket.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

what's making you sad about that Doc?

Peel and Douglas silting, lift bridge and foot bridge maintenance costs, Past damage to boats in Douglas due to floating debris, mooring fees etc. ad nauseam.

However, I would support a swing gate, (rather than a flap gate) across the old river entrance between swing bridge and boat yard thus providing a floating marina, still have access to the slip at the boatyard and still maintain scouring of the river to the sea and give choice of drying or floating moorings and cost, plus leaving the drying grid still available.

• Like 1