Tekken 5

Speckled Frost

I loved the Tekken series until the fourth one which was truly awful and one of the most disappointing gaming experiences I've had.

Has anyone played Tekken 5 on the PS2 and is it equally disappointing?

Also, is God of War on the PS2 just a beat 'em up or is there more to it and is it any good?

I loved the Tekken series until the fourth one which was truly awful and one of the most disappointing gaming experiences I've had.

Has anyone played Tekken 5 on the PS2 and is it equally disappointing?

Also, is God of War on the PS2 just a beat 'em up or is there more to it and is it any good?

I too felt the same way about the Tekken Series, I think Tekken Tag was one of the best. Tekken 4 went horribly wrong somewhere.

I have Tekken 5 and feel it has rekindled the Tekken series again, still pretty same old same old but just as much fun as the previous series bar Tekken 4.

I like the fact you can go back and play all the old Tekken games on Tekken 5, which is pretty good because in my opinion you cant beat Tekken 2. ;)

The new version of the game is pretty good, both graphically and in keeping up with Tekken tradition, but it still lacks something that Tekken 2 had.. which made you want to go back and play it again, and again.

Can't see what was wrong with 4 personally but either 2 or 3 was my fave. Can't remember which.

Does Heihachi make an appearance as a playable character in 5? I'm not interested & it's not Tekken if he's not in it!

Does Heihachi make an appearance as a playable character in 5?  I'm not interested & it's not Tekken if he's not in it!

LOL not sure to be honest, not had much time to play it. I believe he is as he is one of the bosses in the game and normally all characters become unlocked over time.

Like I said haven't played it much yet.

I can hardly remember Tekken 4 but I think they changed the game play slightly and the graphics were a bit messy and almost cartoony in appearance. If I remember rightly that is!!

I think games like Tekken2 will always standout as at the time there wasn't really anything like it on the market. Tekken3 just added to the strength of the series.

The came Tekken Tag which in my opinion was one of the more compelling reasons to firstly buy a PS2, made Tekken3 on the arcade look pap, also played fantastically well.

I think graphically the new Tekken (PS2) series has struggled to keep up with DOA, but the game play and depth is far superior.

i was on the verge of buying this the other day, i don't know anything about fighting styles or story plots, just wanted to something where you can beat the xxxx out of someone. Sounds like a good one, i'll get it tommorrow.

Archived