Electric

hissingsid

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

surprise surprise,  lots of people have switched to LED bulbs that use very little power.  douglas corpy are converting the street lights to LED .  selling less electric, same big wage bills and loans to pay off, standing charge price goes up.   i seem to recall the folly of using less electric to save money a few years ago.  the same applies to cars that do lots to the gallon.

5 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Just read the posting of new rates for MEA standing charges up, unit price down.

Opposite would be better. I’ve often thought the standing charge should be negative, in effect giving everyone an amount of free electricity, with relatively higher unit charges such that those that waste it or have heated swimming pools get stung. 

That would not help profits though. Seems a fairly regressive move to put the standing charge up. 

11 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Opposite would be better. I’ve often thought the standing charge should be negative, in effect giving everyone an amount of free electricity, with relatively higher unit charges such that those that waste it or have heated swimming pools get stung. 

That would not help profits though. Seems a fairly regressive move to put the standing charge up. 

There's pensions to be paid as i'm sure your well aware!

6 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Just read the posting of new rates for MEA standing charges up, unit price down.

Where's that? Probably my fault, knocked a third off my annual bill by converting all the house lights to LEDs. 

30 minutes ago, finlo said:

There's pensions to be paid as i'm sure your well aware!

And there's plenty of people in MUA on some grand salaries and will continue to be so. It's its own "special" little world.

The Manx public will soon be having the addition of a brand new Smart Meter.

You should be given the option of an opt out clause and should you believe that the information out in the public domain is not conclusive regards health issues, possible cancer etc, then that is your prerogative and you can take the option of having one and take the risk and responsibility on behalf of those living with you. Personally, I will not be having this device fitted and will keep the analogue system that has not been a problem to me.

Why am I against the new untested technology? Then read the following link

Smart Meter info

Other health issues that have been connected with smart meters are:

learning and memory problems

difficulty sleeping

fatigue

tinnitus

headaches

anxiety and depression

arthritis

skin reaction

hyperactivity in children

neuropathy

and many more

Remember - It's your choice, your life and there's nothing wrong with the old system as it gives you freedom of choice when you want a shower or wash your clothes etc, etc, but most importantly, lets have proper tests done as gambling with peoples lives for the sake of making a profit is wrong, no matter however the telecom industry twists it.

6 hours ago, manxy said:

You should be given the option of an opt out clause and should you believe that the information out in the public domain is not conclusive regards health issues, possible cancer etc, then that is your prerogative and you can take the option of having one and take the risk and responsibility on behalf of those living with you. Personally, I will not be having this device fitted and will keep the analogue system that has not been a problem to me.

Total bollocks.

7 hours ago, manxy said:

Smart Meter info

Other health issues that have been connected with smart meters are:

learning and memory problems

difficulty sleeping

fatigue

tinnitus

headaches

anxiety and depression

arthritis

skin reaction

hyperactivity in children

neuropathy

and many more

Remember - It's your choice, your life and there's nothing wrong with the old system as it gives you freedom of choice when you want a shower or wash your clothes etc, etc, but most importantly, lets have proper tests done as gambling with peoples lives for the sake of making a profit is wrong, no matter however the telecom industry twists it.

I have all of the above now and that's without having a Smart Meter installed!

Archived