NSC

hissingsid

And it still has not been signed off …..this is ridiculous.   Somewhere along the line someone has messed up….wrong measurements….whatever and it is being covered up, on the other hand if this is not the reason what chance would you have taking a company in Turkey to court and getting compensation.   I hope the South Korea lot don’t cock up our new boat the way things are  at this time we are not being very lucky with our projects….just saying.

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

And it still has not been signed off …..this is ridiculous.   Somewhere along the line someone has messed up….wrong measurements….whatever and it is being covered up, on the other hand if this is not the reason what chance would you have taking a company in Turkey to court and getting compensation.   I hope the South Korea lot don’t cock up our new boat the way things are  at this time we are not being very lucky with our projects….just saying.

Suing a Turkish company won't be easy, but don't contracts often have a performance bond or retention to deal with non-performance without having to pursue legal redress? 

10 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I hope the South Korea lot don’t cock up our new boat the way things are  at this time we are not being very lucky with our projects….just saying.

I believe the new vessel is on budget and on schedule - Expect to see her in Douglas early 2023 :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

I believe the new vessel is on budget and on schedule - Expect to see her in Douglas early 2023 :)

More than that, both the builder and the client will be fully familiar with the process of shipbuilding.  It is fully within their realm of experience, so it is to be expected that there will be no major issues. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

there was a rumour circulating a couple of years ago that our illustrious DoI had sent money out for the flumes only to find later that the company didn't exist. They had been scammed. 

6 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

there was a rumour circulating a couple of years ago that our illustrious DoI had sent money out for the flumes only to find later that the company didn't exist. They had been scammed. 

I wonder if the matter was reported to the police and OFT?

• Thanks 1