NSC

hissingsid

7 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

No sadly it seems its not. Aparently Flume is shut currently due to kids hurting themselves including one spitting head open. 5 kids in one day injured if you believe facebook stories. 

Quote, The flume is shut because there were lots of serious injuries on it including my step daughter splitting her head open to the bone and the corrupt Isle of Man government wouldn’t even apologise and the horrible Sarah maltby was a waist of space when asked for help. 5 serious injury’s in one day. Post Now taken down 

‘What do you expect me to do?’ was the question allegedly quoted by D. Cretneys Daughter, so I have heard.  I would expect questions, and total transparency. To be brutally honest I think Ann Corlett would step up to the plate, and she’s invisible most of the time.

IOMG closing ranks, sweep and rug come to mind. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

No sadly it seems its not. Aparently Flume is shut currently due to kids hurting themselves including one spitting head open. 5 kids in one day injured if you believe facebook stories. 

Quote, The flume is shut because there were lots of serious injuries on it including my step daughter splitting her head open to the bone and the corrupt Isle of Man government wouldn’t even apologise and the horrible Sarah maltby was a waist of space when asked for help. 5 serious injury’s in one day. Post Now taken down 

Hope she is okay, you don't expect that type of injury on a water "fun" feature.

I hope they plan on taking the NSC to the cleaners through the courts, its about time these idiots in DOI were held responsible for their actions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

I heard that someone accidentally pumped concentrated sulphuric acid into a flume instead of water, then this poor little girl went down it and by the time she reached the bottom she had completely disappeared. I don't know if it's true but it was probably on Facebook. 

I'll bet she was fuming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sheldon said:

I'll bet she was fuming.

trouble is the flumes have been constructed to Turkish  standards , where children are  half the weight , maybe a bit more banking on the curves is required , take them out again,  and send it back to Turkey  for alterations , 

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

What do you expect me to do?’ was the question allegedly quoted by D. Cretneys Daughter, so I have heard.

If it was her reply, she has a point. She's a low-level MHK not a) the NSC manager or b) a good personal injury advocate.

What is it with illiterate Facebook types whining to MHKs instead of contacting someone whose job it is to deal with it?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

If it was her reply, she has a point. She's a low-level MHK not a) the NSC manager or b) a good personal injury advocate.

What is it with illiterate Facebook types whining to MHKs instead of contacting someone whose job it is to deal with it?

To some extent valid points raised. I would say that Sarah Maltby is portraying herself as a better than the rest politico. A caring politico, in touch with her constituents, always available to her constituents. what she should have done is shown more compassion, understanding, and empathy. She could have publicised what happened on social media more, raised queries and demanded immediate action. As things stand as it’s alleged a serious incident has occurred, I’ll be surprised if the Health and Safety Executive aren’t involved in the investigation? Any potential IOMG negligence?

Your point of Facebookers whinging to their MHKs ring true, but I’m afraid most of them are using Facebook to publicise themselves, their antics, their weekly blogs, their contact details, their political surgeries and actively encourage constituents and non constituents to get in touch with issues. There are one or two MHKs who don’t use Facebook to harvest votes or granny farm, and just get on with doing the job however good or bad.

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1

Radio silence on the state of play apparently one flume is not being used as accidents have happened.    Sarah Maltby has a lot to learn about politics if she thinks the answer….what do you expect me to do about it….is a proper reply to a constituent who has an injured child this of course is if this is actually what she said and had not been misquoted.

6 hours ago, 2112 said:

To some extent valid points raised. I would say that Sarah Maltby is portraying herself as a better than the rest politico. A caring politico, in touch with her constituents, always available to her constituents. what she should have done is shown more compassion, understanding, and empathy.

Maybe here dad wasn’t there to tell her what to say? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Radio silence on the state of play apparently one flume is not being used as accidents have happened.    Sarah Maltby has a lot to learn about politics if she thinks the answer….what do you expect me to do about it….is a proper reply to a constituent who has an injured child this of course is if this is actually what she said and had not been misquoted.

The proper response (I've not seen the Facebook exchange and don't know what was said) would be to ask her constituent to contact her privately with details.  Facebook isn't the proper place to deal with private casework, especially when there are children involved.

• Like 4