NSC

hissingsid

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Yes 2112 she has admitted to a couple of incidents still trying to slide sideways still maintaining one is still open so that is alright.   She is shrugging this off as if it is a minor incident.  Three years in March and over 4 million quid and not a word of sympathy or concern for the children who have been hurt.    This attitude stinks.

Did not take her long to become just another apologist for their department.........

I am totally sick of the lying that goes on over here from public bodies. When you know the truth about some things that get in the public domain then it is bloody scary how much outwrite lies are told to cover CS asses.

I am not talking white lies either, i am talking massive lies that, as someone else has said, would result in court cases and sacking/ hounding out of office.

Its wearing, even for example the sign posts on the prom being moved, its not cause they were put in the wrong place its because the road is too narrow in places and that Bus Vannin run a fleet of Mercs that are far to wide for our roads. We should have double decker's and trim the bloody trees. 

Been down Minorca Hill in Laxey last year before they closed it? Notice the 100's of no parking cones? They are there to let those bloody big Merc buses get up and down the road. Its a really good look for "Old Laxey Village"............

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 2

Front page of the IOM Examiner doesn’t make nice reading for the DESC, as it seems there are lawsuits flying around. 11 accident reports completed. Lots of handwringing for Minister Edge and her minions. Julie Edge must have really hit the big time as Takeover TV have produced a brilliant satirical video about the NSC. I can envisage loads more throughout this parliamentary session. 

• Like 3

I cannot help wondering if Julie Edge and others involved had put their hands in the air, expressed concern for the children that have been injured and not dumbed down in a most condescending manner these incidents not once but twice these lawsuits could have been avoided.   The casual and insolent way this whole affair has been handled is disgusting and has no doubt antagonised the parents of the children.   She is not fit to lead this Department and Alf should replace her forthwith.

29 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I cannot help wondering if Julie Edge and others involved had put their hands in the air, expressed concern for the children that have been injured and not dumbed down in a most condescending manner these incidents not once but twice these lawsuits could have been avoided.   The casual and insolent way this whole affair has been handled is disgusting and has no doubt antagonised the parents of the children.   She is not fit to lead this Department and Alf should replace her forthwith.

I’m not sure what your issue with Julie Edge is but you seem to be putting the blame on her for all the issues with the flumes when she had nothing to do with the problems.

I doubt there are serious injuries but the public nowadays will sue for anything including a few scratches, probably using the lawyer the prisoners used for poor treatment in prison!!!

40 minutes ago, Declan said:

There's a pattern. 

Bit heavy there,  in fairness she has inherited a crock of Sh-t , new people at the top ,     responsibility for the pool  refurbishing contract  out of their hands ,  Covid and its  detrimental effect on schools ,        and the education department recently  relocated to St Johns,       there is bound  to be some turmoil in the system at present , 

can't see an alternative at the moment unless you want to give ROB   a job , on second thoughts better not !

No issue with Julie at all just really surprised at how badly she has handled this situation regarding children being hurt.  She has dumbed it down and then admitted to being a couple and still not shown any sympathy forThe kids that were hurt.   Now you may not bother that children have been hurt but I do.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

No issue with Julie at all just really surprised at how badly she has handled this situation regarding children being hurt.  She has dumbed it down and then admitted to being a couple and still not shown any sympathy forThe kids that were hurt.   Now you may not bother that children have been hurt but I do.

How do you know it’s children that were hurt and are they serious injuries? I don’t think it’s been dumbed down, it’s being investigated.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Banker said:

How do you know it’s children that were hurt and are they serious injuries? I don’t think it’s been dumbed down, it’s being investigated.

I think the flumes are mainly used by older children[1], so seems more likely that they would be affected.  But we do know how many accidents there have been due to an FoI request just published (reference number 2165081):

"How many injuries have been recorded which came from people using the new NSC flume slides since they were opened?"

The number of accidents recorded since the flumes opened is 10.

The flumes didn't open till 30 November (after being delayed for testing it was claimed) so all these would have been in less than a month - I'm not sure when the closed it after the accidents.

[1]  There's a minimum height of 1.2m.  I've seen some other operators specify a minimum age of 8 as well, which might be  an idea.  But as usual it's quite difficult to find out if there are any rules or recommendations relating to their use at the NSC.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cypman said:

As an aside, the Turkish Lira has dropped to half of its value in the last twelve months, should we not be getting a multi-million pound rebate ?

As has been mentioned before is IOMG civil servants record in the area of paying bills using foreign currency, usually IOM ends up losing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think the flumes are mainly used by older children[1], so seems more likely that they would be affected.  But we do know how many accidents there have been due to an FoI request just published (reference number 2165081):

"How many injuries have been recorded which came from people using the new NSC flume slides since they were opened?"

The number of accidents recorded since the flumes opened is 10.

The flumes didn't open till 30 November (after being delayed for testing it was claimed) so all these would have been in less than a month - I'm not sure when the closed it after the accidents.

[1]  There's a minimum height of 1.2m.  I've seen some other operators specify a minimum age of 8 as well, which might be  an idea.  But as usual it's quite difficult to find out if there are any rules or recommendations relating to their use at the NSC.

Yes likely to be older children or adults, I’m sure if there were serious injuries it would be all over social media by now!