Why the hell do parents let their children go on these things?

Lagman

Danger is everywhere. We went on a skiing trip to Austria with the school. One person broke their leg, another their wrist. Not quite rape, sure, but proper school trips were ace, and essential parts of a rounded education. 

The fashionable belief that everyone from everywhere is equal is now resulting it becoming painfully clear that such is not the case. 

Moreover it's not simply a matter of so-called cultural differences, it's also genetic.

While nature can sometimes and in the case of some individuals be modified by nurture, nevertheless that which is borne in the bone -----

That's why parents allow their kids to visit savage countries populated by mostly tribal savages.  They've fall for the BS that all races are equal.

39 minutes ago, Rog said:

The fashionable belief that everyone from everywhere is equal is now resulting it becoming painfully clear that such is not the case. 

Moreover it's not simply a matter of so-called cultural differences, it's also genetic.

While nature can sometimes and in the case of some individuals be modified by nurture, nevertheless that which is borne in the bone -----

That's why parents allow their kids to visit savage countries populated by mostly tribal savages.  They've fall for the BS that all races are equal.

I suppose at least you're openly racist and don't try hiding it. I admire your courage but not your convictions.

Very hard to know how to engage with Rog’s essentialism. He’ll claim both personal experience and all sorts of racist justifications. 

Societal change is a vastly more powerful instrument than genetics and explains far better the course of African people’s progress both in their homelands and elsewhere. Rog even grudgingly admits this but still wants to have and eat his racist cake. 

2 hours ago, Chinahand said:

Very hard to know how to engage with Rog’s essentialism. He’ll claim both personal experience and all sorts of racist justifications. 

Societal change is a vastly more powerful instrument than genetics and explains far better the course of African people’s progress both in their homelands and elsewhere. Rog even grudgingly admits this but still wants to have and eat his racist cake. 

Racist --- or realist.

When it comes to progress particularly in Sub Saharan Africa I see little progress but a great deal of reversion to tribalism. 

36 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Definitely racist, you're previous statement is precisely the dictionary definition of racism.

In your opinion.

Meanwhile ask me if I care.

Archived