Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Let's see the true running costs for this year, including all the extra overtime just to get the track in place this year.

Do you think that that true figure will ever be revealed, Albert? These people are selective in what they put into the public domain of their own accord (proven on multiple occasions now by FOI) and clearly cannot be trusted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Pretty sure it was all a fixed price deal.  Expect corner cutting further down the line as the profit starts to dwindle away quicker than the top surfacing on Richmond Hill?

Given the nature of the works, it’ll be madness if it’s not Target Costed. Word from some of the contractors is detailed design isn’t complete so there’s some marking time ongoing whilst the design catches up. The same as the necessary delay between phase 2 and 3 of Peel Road scheme. One thing is certain Colas/Auldyn are past masters at going in low and claiming high. 

NEC3 type C

Option C is a target cost contract with an activity schedule where the out-turn financial risks are shared between the client and the contractor in an agreed proportion. This document contains all the core and secondary option clauses, the schedules of cost components, and contract data relevant to an option C contact.

Edited by english zloty
Added definition

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Duel use as a cycle path! It's going to be so good.

You are taking the piss? However the clowns in government probably have got a cycle path with the tram lines together.

i cycled once on Douglas prom and my front wheel glanced the tram line and I was down, the car behind carried on past me, in fact had to avoid me but didn’t stop.  A car coming from the other direction however did stop and a very kind lady helped me to my feet.. fortunately no bad injury but massive bruising and sore hip for months. I’ve seen many a fractured bone due to those tram lines.  

1 minute ago, Gizo said:

You are taking the piss?

Me? NEVER!! I'm as serious as a serious thing. Can't wait for the prom to be finished, its gonna be great, fill us all with pride, it's going to be glorious. There's even going to be a cultural quarter don't you know...

• Like 1