Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

28 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Do you have a link to that?  I agree every day that nothing is said makes them look incompetent. 

I’ll check but I’m on my iPad which is a bitch where links are concerned (or maybe I’m shite at linking)

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Does anyone know when the issue of introducing the electric trams to the promenade was made? I don't recall reading or hearing anything about that when DOI had their little showcase at the Sea Terminal last year. 

Longworth's fantasy. I wouldn't bet against him having pushed this little gem through off his own bat in defiance and/or disregard of what was actually announced or even permitted, approval-wise.

I'm sure I've read something somewhere about the proposal to run the electric trams on the promenade being knocked back previously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MrPB said:

From my recollection (I can’t supply any links) it was punted originally and deemed to be totally out of scope on grounds of cost. Somehow it hasn’t stopped Longworth doing it anyway despite the flawed installation of the lines and being £1M short on signaling looking at the above thread. 

Largely because Longworth is a wank-puffin who needs to be gone. 

3 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

How the hell though has he got so much clout and influence ...?? unbelievable really . Someone mentioned another 6 buses arrived at Xmas time. He seems to be able to conjure up whatever money he needs  

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

How the hell though has he got so much clout and influence ...?? unbelievable really . Someone mentioned another 6 buses arrived at Xmas time. He seems to be able to conjure up whatever money he needs  

I understand a lot of people are frightened of him. He strikes me as someone who would last about 3 months in the private sector before being fucked out the door but who has found a nicely toxic environment they can manage for their own long term benefit in the public sector. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Wank-puffin...interesting. Is this a new portmanteau form of denigration...physical act plus bird? Is he also a shit-ostrich and/or a vomit-cuckoo