Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

There's no apologies, no remorse and not a grain of concrete reasoning in any of that article. Just more job justifying waffle that it's going to carry on but we can't say when it's going to be finished or how much it's going to cost. They can't even agree with their own contractor about how long it would take to go back and install the tracks that the whole job was in the name of to start with. And surprise, surprise, there's Tim Baker already promising the moon and backing them to the hilt.

Some will get to their pensions out of this. Because that's all it's about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Talking about the prom, I'm told that where they had STUPIDLY poured the concrete right upto the rails like absolute TWATS they've now cut an inch or so out, and it looks terrible. I haven't seen it for myself, but my mate sent me this

102400077_1164021390598839_2630657923850627905_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=N44NpY76gisAX-4aQ5a&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=2e05cd39054e3e24a2ed8f3b22815438&oe=5F067F57

Yes its from memory on the length just passed Castlemona and it would seem its th latest effort to sort out the cracking. The same area has also got expansion joints much closer at around 1.2 metres apart if not less ..it looks a mess ! As pictures confirm.

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Talking about the prom, I'm told that where they had STUPIDLY poured the concrete right upto the rails like absolute TWATS they've now cut an inch or so out, and it looks terrible. I haven't seen it for myself, but my mate sent me this

102400077_1164021390598839_2630657923850627905_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=N44NpY76gisAX-4aQ5a&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=2e05cd39054e3e24a2ed8f3b22815438&oe=5F067F57

I don't believe it.

44 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I don't believe it.

II dont think they have actually cut it out as such just put spacers in and removed them after concrete gone off. And as you see definately closer expansion joints. By my reckoning this is at least the 4th variant to try and sort out the cracking . Wonder what they are going to do with the gap as it will only fill with water etc and freeze and then undermine the concrete ..or fill with crap with same outcome and look really bad . Looks terrible already and its only just been done . A promenade to be proud off ! 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

II dont think they have actually cut it out as such just put spacers in and removed them after concrete gone off. And as you see definately closer expansion joints. By my reckoning this is at least the 4th variant to try and sort out the cracking . Wonder what they are going to do with the gap as it will only fill with water etc and freeze and then undermine the concrete ..or fill with crap with same outcome and look really bad . Looks terrible already and its only just been done . A promenade to be proud off ! 

Sorry, I meant I don't believe he has a mate... :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2020 at 2:15 PM, Dave Hedgehog said:

Interesting comment here

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=56114&headline=We won't leave Prom in a mess&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020

The plan for the light rail system isnt to link up the MER at all. It's to run a line beyween Birch Hill and Farmhill. 

Its so bonkers it could well happen. 

It's official..... the loonies are running the asylum!

• Confused 1

Bit of a flurry of activity down there today with lots happening and lots of workers. Funny how they have just discovered the receipe for big jobs . See the story is changing already too as Black saying there was never a date to finish or a final cost. Well there was on both counts and many promised it would come in under budget and on time . Harmer , remember him ? , said there would be 50 to 60 men working on site at any one time .. I really having looked at whats still to do cant see it being finished as planned by March. And onoy the other month I was told it was to finish by xmas then till March to snag and get it ready for the Summer . Lots of mileage in this story yet .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Bit of a flurry of activity down there today with lots happening and lots of workers. Funny how they have just discovered the receipe for big jobs . See the story is changing already too as Black saying there was never a date to finish or a final cost. Well there was on both counts and many promised it would come in under budget and on time . Harmer , remember him ? , said there would be 50 to 60 men working on site at any one time .. I really having looked at whats still to do cant see it being finished as planned by March. And onoy the other month I was told it was to finish by xmas then till March to snag and get it ready for the Summer . Lots of mileage in this story yet .

Isn't Black just Longtail's puppet

Just now, Neil Down said:

Isn't Black just Longtail's puppet

I think Black is anyones puppet. If ever someone is in above his ability he is. He clearly hasn't a clue about running DOI. As has been proven so many times and its ongoing . I've said it so many times CM should have got a grip on DOI from day one but clearoy he's a puppet too . Chief Secretary seems to powerful .  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

It's official..... the loonies are running the asylum!

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=56114&headline=We won't leave Prom in a mess&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020 

Mr Black said in the long term, the new tracks may be used by modern trams as part of a possible light rail system running from Birch Hill to Farmhill.

I'm currently searching for the right emoji to express my disbelief at this idea..

Edited by Twitch

9 minutes ago, Twitch said:

Mr Black said in the long term, the new tracks may be used by modern trams as part of a possible light rail system running from Birch Hill to Farmhill.

I'm currently searching for the right emoji to express my disbelief at this idea..

This could develop into a monorail...………………...

• Like 2