Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

There'll be nothing humble about it....they've got excuses printed on a bog roll. The last one is the uncovering of a Neolithic graveyard for ritual sacrifice that will take at least 5 years to excavate and map.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit

41 minutes ago, Nellie said:

It's been obvious for weeks that this was coming. It still looks like Beirut down there.

Church Road, which is due to re-open in around a month, (mid-November on the MyProm website) will surely be next.

These accumulated delays must surely push back the much-vaunted 1st April target.

Even as we speak Black and Robinson will be cooking up the humble pie which Baker will be eating, next week. 

but they're still within budget...aren't they?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

but they're still within budget...aren't they?

They have already gone to Tynwald for 750k I think just to get up to April 1st and thats not including the approx 1 million for the lights etc for horsetrams at the Sefton which they forgot to incude in original budget . 

Edited by Numbnuts

10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

They have already gone to Tynwald for 750k I think just to get up to April 1st and thats not including the approx 1 million for the lights etc for horsetrams at the Sefton which they forgot to incude in original budget . 

Have they got enough in the budget for the inevitable big pay offs next year when they need a few heads?

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Have they got enough in the budget for the inevitable big pay offs next year when they need a few heads?

They will , as far as I can make out , have to go back again to Tynwald for any works not finished by April and to be continued in September 2021 . Nick Black is already on record saying those works are going to involve extra costs but when speaking he wouldnt commit  to how much. My guess is it has to be well into 30 million plus . I'm being kind ! More like 35 ! 

Edited by Numbnuts

People will say remember when we had an elegant looking Victorian built, beautiful sweeping bay. And then we end up with this piece of shite that them pricks in governance thought would be there opus. Instead we get this miss match of shite including the shared space scheme that will inevitably lead to people being injured through traffic or undefined walkway areas. and after being dug umpteen times will look nowt like the pretty pictures with little stretch limo's and stick people.

I would hope but doubt they will hang there heads in shame due to being part of it.

Oh land of my birth  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

What's this shit all about?

It's an art "installation". A Piet Modrian-style piece - done by someone who is colour blind.

Or maybe the contractor had a few spare slabs of rare green granite that needed to be used up.

After a few beers I think I would find that a bit vomit-inducing.