Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

24 minutes ago, Pstans66 said:

Kerb replacement and footpath overlay isn't exactly major works.. and that was the point of the lockdown...nobody in work. Nothing better to moan about today?

Thanks for the feedback Nick & Tim but it’s a shambles & will be chaos 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pstans66 said:

Kerb replacement and footpath overlay isn't exactly major works.. and that was the point of the lockdown...nobody in work. Nothing better to moan about today?

LOL. You'll have to excuse him. Since Guernsey caught the Rona, he's been having difficulties.:D

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Banker said:

Thanks for the feedback Nick & Tim but it’s a shambles & will be chaos 

What would be your proposal? there would be a lot more chaos if it was carried out under traffic lights, with cars backing up all over the place. i'll say a prayer for you for that extra 5 minutes onto your travel time for the next few weeks though🤞

4 minutes ago, Pstans66 said:

What would be your proposal? there would be a lot more chaos if it was carried out under traffic lights, with cars backing up all over the place. i'll say a prayer for you for that extra 5 minutes onto your travel time for the next few weeks though🤞

Should have done it during lockdown obviously!! Won’t bother me much as I can work hours I want in office 😀

9 minutes ago, Pstans66 said:

It wont cost banker more than 3. He'll take the gloves off and make it up elsewhere.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:12 AM, Pstans66 said:

Alexander Drive needs kerb replacement and footpath overlay??? Are there that many pedestrians walking up-down there that it requires such work? Really? 

53 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

They've been doing it for ages bit by bit. Does it need it? No idea.  Is that usually part of the reason for doing something? I've no idea about that either.

Monday is going to be fun.  Good day to start chaps.

Going to be chaos between 8-9.30 minimum, diversion signs already in place ready. Not sure what QB Road residents will do, presumably have to go around the whole diversion to get home 

Don't know about chaos, I don't use the road but I would think if you do there are plenty of other ways to get to the QB area without it turning into a chaotic situation if you use your head a bit while driving?

I really don't understand why people get so worked up by roadworks, ok no one likes them but they are necessary to maintain the road network or fix/ put in new cables or pipes.

5 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Don't know about chaos, I don't use the road but I would think if you do there are plenty of other ways to get to the QB area without it turning into a chaotic situation if you use your head a bit while driving?

I really don't understand why people get so worked up by roadworks, ok no one likes them but they are necessary to maintain the road network or fix/ put in new cables or pipes.

I think you'll find that it is the slapdash way the DoI go about roadworks that winds people up...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Neil Down said:

I think you'll find that it is the slapdash way the DoI go about roadworks that winds people up...

This + 1 , also length of time taken and quality of work . Everyone groans when they announce a scheme ,timescale and costings  as we all know its so not happening . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

This + 1 , also length of time taken and quality of work . Everyone groans when they announce a scheme ,timescale and costings  as we all know its so not happening . 

You see it in Castletown where the road was relaid a few years ago. Now it's breaking up like an onion skin.

• Like 1