Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

38 minutes ago, bonatti said:

Its the  red strip down the middle in that area that gets me. Its been laid in multiple straight sections in an attempt to follow natural curve of prom but looks messy and gnaws  at my OCD tendencies. And what is the point of it?

Pedestrian refuge, splits the north and south bound lanes, and 'looks pretty'

On 5/24/2021 at 12:18 PM, Banker said:

Went through the ballafletcher traffic lights this morning, 8 DOI staff there for a small drainage job. 2 were working & 6 we’re looking in a hole!!

Unbelievable waste of resources 

Now they are making the road by Braddan School one way toward the hospital for six weeks during the school holidays.

Must have thought traffic from the West was having things too easy compared to North and South

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Won't make much difference.  What's the issue?

Yes it will if you’re traveling from north of school eg tromode or hospital, you will have to detour through tromode road or strang road which will lead to long tailbacks.

You make stupid comments about posts when you have no knowledge whatsoever 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Banker said:

Yes it will if you’re traveling from north of school eg tromode or hospital, you will have to detour through tromode road or strang road which will lead to long tailbacks.

You make stupid comments about posts when you have no knowledge whatsoever 

The volume of traffic with schools closed isn't going to cause large tailbacks.  That's horse shit.

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Says someone it won’t impact, dick!

It won't impact anyone really.  Those coming in from the West won't be impacted.  Those who live at Strang area etc will simply go down to Union Mills.  During school closures the roads are relatively quiet.  The effect, at worst, will be that 8 30 to 9 a.m will be similar to a school day.  

It certainly won't impact on angry people from Onchan;)

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, NoTail said:

I noticed yesterday that they decided to dig up loads of the newly laid coloured stones at the bottom of Broadway where the misplaced Harris Promenade signs are. 

That’s likely because they wobbled when you walked on them.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Won't make much difference.  What's the issue?

Do you use that road regularly at busy times?

You think sending all that traffic down through Union Mills or along Tromode Road won’t cause an issue?  Good one.

What is is for, and why is it going to take six weeks?

13 minutes ago, trmpton said:

You think sending all that traffic down through Union Mills or along Tromode Road won’t cause an issue?  Good one.

I use that area every single day without fail.

School closures make a huge difference to the traffic flow.  They will need to alter the Cronkbourne Road Bray Hill traffic light timings though.

No idea why they are closing it. I'm guessing there's work to be done.  And the summer holidays is the best time to do it.

17 minutes ago, trmpton said:

DDB is a complete knob!!

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I use that area every single day without fail.

School closures make a huge difference to the traffic flow.  They will need to alter the Cronkbourne Road Bray Hill traffic light timings though.

No idea why they are closing it. I'm guessing there's work to be done.  And the summer holidays is the best time to do it.

Fair enough.  Disagree though, the traffic is regularly backed up to the testing centre for braddan bridge and tromode road.

Wasn't the entire road past Bradsan School redone with huge amounts of disruption fairly recently (in terms of a roads lifetime)

We seem to spend more time fixing roads that have been completely redone this century then we do the ones that haven’t been “improved” for decades

2 hours ago, Banker said:

DDB is a complete knob!!

Harsh. I disagree with him/her on some subjects and agree on others.  As is a the way with most people you deal with in life.

You are hardly immune to a knobbish post yourself (none of us are)

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1