Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

21 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

You have to wonder what some cyclists are taking/sniffing when you consider their aggression levels.

And that despite them being pandered to with their cycle lanes etc. Why do they consider themselves to be so special?

Tell you what. If I owned a coffee shop and the little buggers propped up their bikes with their handlebars besmirching my newly cleaned windows I would give them short shrift. 

And I would insist they bought a drink each. Not one can of Diet Coke with six straws. Tight arses.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

You'd think they'd try and keep the white bits between the lines wouldn't you? My 5yo grandson could have done better than that.

In fairness I think it's just aggregate that has spilled over the masking and should brush up.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And that despite them being pandered to with their cycle lanes etc. Why do they consider themselves to be so special?

You must have been deluding yourself when you chose your display name.

1. The isle of man must have one of the lowest proportion of cycle lanes per km in western Europe. Hardly pandered!
  2. You,by your posts demonstrate that vehicle and cycles don't mix, to which cycle lanes would help surely

Who considers themself special! Well apart from me obviously 😇

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

The only sucker around here is the GMTPP!

Inadvertently more or less stated by Phil Gawne a few years back over the Tynwald mic/broadcast system.

4 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Somebody seems to have lit a fire under the contractors. I've never seen so many working on one section as today. Loch and Harris Proms getting done. 

DOI men in amongst them maybe after Bakers statement last week ?