Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

7 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

November now for the 'finish date' I'm hearing. Plus a month (or 12) of snagging work. 

I do hope someone here or maybe Paul Moulton will take a drive down the prom and make a video for those of us in exile.

'Carry On Down The Prom.'

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

It just shows you how much disdain everyone involved with this project holds the people of the Isle of Man. There really havent given a toss since day one and all the revised finish dates have been a total joke. They really think the public are stupid and believe the spin. Tim Baker , I'm really looking forward to your next press conference to explain this one. 

Not just the promenade works though.

Richmond Hill way over finish time ( if it has actually ever been finished)

Ballasalla Roundabout now seems to not being finished til September and not July as originally stated

Steps by Douglas swing bridge, should have been open today I think, still closed.

The promenade will not be finished 12 months from now as they will not have finished the roundels or tram by then.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

The promenade will not be finished 12 months from now as they will not have finished the roundels or tram by then.

My guess is the roundels will be left as they are now providing they dont break up which wouldnt surprise me if they did tbh. The Tram lines I think will be finished but when ?. Have to ideally get it done before May but they have the TT course to repair and thats due to start in March. Course is really bad in lots of places . 

Edited by Numbnuts

38 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

My guess is the roundels will be left as they are now providing they dont break up which wouldnt surprise me if they did tbh. The Tram lines I think will be finished but when ?. Have to ideally get it done before May but they have the TT course to repair and thats due to start in March. Course is really bad in lots of places . 

With everything behind schedule I was surprised that they started the Braddan school road which is another 6 weeks job taking up a fair amount of resources. A nice new crossing & bus stop will be nice but not really essential in my view.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 2:22 PM, GD4ELI said:

I do hope someone here or maybe Paul Moulton will take a drive down the prom and make a video for those of us in exile.

'Carry On Down The Prom.'

@GD4ELI Here ya go yessir...

Moulton takes us for a ride...

Edited by quilp
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Absolute clowns.  Why do they have to try and be clever with everything.  Just make them the same as other crossings on the TT course, a push button and lights.

https://gef.im/2021/08/02/kirk-michael-to-get-dennis-crossings/?fbclid=IwAR1ozUjR_kjWeur5D1eeKmzJluxRQhG3HsDvzO8pMsXyYgSplFuYRGcSR7c

Experimenting and right outside a school as well..... they couldn't have picked a worse place.  Thick as pig shit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Absolute clowns.  Why do they have to try and be clever with everything.  Just make them the same as other crossings on the TT course, a push button and lights.

https://gef.im/2021/08/02/kirk-michael-to-get-dennis-crossings/?fbclid=IwAR1ozUjR_kjWeur5D1eeKmzJluxRQhG3HsDvzO8pMsXyYgSplFuYRGcSR7c

They still haven't learned the lesson of St. John's, have they?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Moulton being proactive prior to any interview with Baker?

One would hope so. As long as he doesn't tip-toe around the numerous issues and drops the chumminess and hand-gesturing when the time comes. Oh, and properly punctuate his delivery.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Not just the promenade works though.

Richmond Hill way over finish time ( if it has actually ever been finished)

Ballasalla Roundabout now seems to not being finished til September and not July as originally stated

Steps by Douglas swing bridge, should have been open today I think, still closed.

They have no consideration for the general public. 

What about the environmental cost of making cars queue for no good reason week after week, polluting the environment and burning fuel unnecessarily. 

It wouldn't matter so much if they weren't always preaching how we all need to ride a pushbike to work to save the polar bears. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Interesting. The white paint causes lack of adhesion for accelerating (TT) motorcycles, fair enough. 

What about all the white paint around the rest of the TT course then? And why does the white paint have less adhesive properties than any black paint where it's additionally used to define a zebra crossing?

The TT course has no zebra crossings? What about the one outside the RGS East Building then, where bikes are accelerating out of Schoolhouse Corner towards Parliament Square?

More crayonista justification.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Interesting. The white paint causes lack of adhesion for accelerating (TT) motorcycles, fair enough. 

What about all the white paint around the rest of the TT course then? And why does the white paint have less adhesive properties than any black paint where it's additionally used to define a zebra crossing?

The TT course has no zebra crossings? What about the one outside the RGS East Building then, where bikes are accelerating out of Schoolhouse Corner towards Parliament Square?

We need to make sure they don't get any crayolas at the Sea Terminal this Christmas

14 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

That was changed to a pelican crossing a few years ago.