Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

22 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Gawney must have been delighted to have been chairing the interview for this revelation; it happened under his tenure at DOI.

The truth usually outs in time...

My information is that, instead of employing Liverpool briefs, the government insisted on sending in our Attorney General's office instead. That's worked out well.

From the MyProm newsletter.

"Harris Promenade

It is great to see the finished works looking as good as the artist impression (bottom left). "

(There is a block of 4 pictures, and the one shown here is the one that is bottom left.)

This year, next year, sometime..........?

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com%2F92fc4ca2deca94937fadaa8a0%2Fimages%2F831ce9b7-3e9a-5e16-25df-68364eedf019.jpg&t=1628867756&ymreqid=ecb6d0e8-7526-1a74-1c2f-6a02cd014b00&sig=kAGjWCaYtPUvQOCNK0gb4Q--~D

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

"Harris Promenade

It is great to see the finished works looking as good as the artist impression (bottom left). "

(There is a block of 4 pictures, and the one shown here is the one that is bottom left.)

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com%2F92fc4ca2deca94937fadaa8a0%2Fimages%2F831ce9b7-3e9a-5e16-25df-68364eedf019.jpg&t=1628867756&ymreqid=ecb6d0e8-7526-1a74-1c2f-6a02cd014b00&sig=kAGjWCaYtPUvQOCNK0gb4Q--~D

we needed a better artist.

2 hours ago, monasqueen said:

"Harris Promenade

Look how narrow the road is....................................look at the van parked up that takes up most of the width of the zebra crossing.

I would not like to be a pedestrian down there  when it is full of half blind OAP drivers trying to find a free parking space near Regent St........................................

Edited by Boris Johnson

Word is that theres a announcement imminent stating the revised prom finished date will be end of November with 4 weeks snagging which will take us up to December . I do wonder if wires have been crossed and its really end of October then 4 weeks taking us to end of November. But also another gem apparently is the red concrete is not getting done in the near future and will be left for a few years and retainer with be held and allegedly Auldyn will have to do the works . All this I might say sounds doubtful but my sources have been reliable up to now . I get the delay of the red concrete as theres no way there getting that done before next April and believe me people down there have just had enough .  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Word is that theres a announcement imminent stating the revised prom finished date will be end of November with 4 weeks snagging which will take us up to December . I do wonder if wires have been crossed and its really end of October then 4 weeks taking us to end of November. But also another gem apparently is the red concrete is not getting done in the near future and will be left for a few years and retainer with be held and allegedly Auldyn will have to do the works . All this I might say sounds doubtful but my sources have been reliable up to now . I get the delay of the red concrete as theres no way there getting that done before next April and believe me people down there have just had enough .  

Sounds accurate to me. I've heard more or less identical news. 

They know that there is no fix for that concrete and it will need to be broken out and replaced with either tarmac or concrete with proper barriers around the rails. 

It will be January or February by the time it's 'finished' when you throw in days lost to autumn storms.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Sounds accurate to me. I've heard more or less identical news. 

They know that there is no fix for that concrete and it will need to be broken out and replaced with either tarmac or concrete with proper barriers around the rails. 

It will be January or February by the time it's 'finished' when you throw in days lost to autumn storms.

You use the term 'finished' with crossed fingers and a smile of course ! 

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2021 at 3:08 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Well it's to "‘provide family orientated eating and drinking facilities".  So the answer is probably no.  As it's going to be run by JAKS whose clientele are famed for the sedateness and good behaviour, I can't see a 1am week-round licence causing any problem.

Haven't read though all of this blog yet but..... did a change of use have to be submitted and was this area subject to expressions of interest or go out to tender?

18 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Haven't read though all of this blog yet but..... did a change of use have to be submitted and was this area subject to expressions of interest or go out to tender?

It's all very vague and they are trying to pretend it's just change of use when it's clearly a lot more.  Planning application is here:

https://services.gov.im/planningapplication/services/planning/planningapplicationdetails.iom?ApplicationReferenceNumber=21%2F00827%2FB