Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

In the myprom newsletter of the 13th August there is the following statement.

Defect Costs borne by Auldyn Construction Limited

Following speculation regarding who bears the costs to repair defective works Auldyn Construction has throughout the scheme been responsible for correcting any area that does not meet the scope of work or specification stipulated under the contract.

The cost to correct any defect is borne by the Contractor. Once the scheme is complete Auldyn Construction have a further four week period in which to correct any outstanding defects which have not been addressed by the Completion Date. Finally, the contractor remains liable for a further 12 month period to correct any additional defects that may become apparent

So I wonder if that means the DOI are being paid by Auldyn to repair the subsiding blockwork the DOI workforce installed on the crossings on Loch Promenade?.

I somehow doubt that is going to be the case.

Edited by ellanvannin2010

26 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Auldyn Construction has throughout the scheme been responsible for correcting any area that does not meet the scope of work or specification stipulated under the contract.

I wonder what the situation is regarding the cracking concrete where it's been directly next to the tramlines (as per spec) as opposed to the rails in a lined trough as is normal

5 minutes ago, kevster said:

I wonder what the situation is regarding the cracking concrete where it's been directly next to the tramlines (as per spec) as opposed to the rails in a lined trough as is normal

There seemed to be a lot of digging up going on this afternoon on the stretch from summer hill to Broadway, can’t see the work being anywhere near complete on Baker’s latest date of end September 

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

There seemed to be a lot of digging up going on this afternoon on the stretch from summer hill to Broadway, can’t see the work being anywhere near complete on Baker’s latest date of end September 

They are removing the temporary camber slope from either side of the tram tracks so that the carriageway tarmac can be laid. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Thats the tarmac put outside the outside red concrete creating a ramp across the different levels. They have been at it for quite a few days and tbh hardly done much. Going to be a long job as other side to do too. Baker will be around shortly I'd say to announce the 'revised' dates . On the defects and Auldyn. In my opinion its a cleverly worded statement as it mentions works not carried out according to spec and I'm pretty sure the cracked red concrete was laid as per contract so it wont be Auldyn fixing that .  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Thats the tarmac put outside the outside red concrete creating a ramp across the different levels. They have been at it for quite a few days and tbh hardly done much. Going to be a long job as other side to do too. Baker will be around shortly I'd say to announce the 'revised' dates . On the defects and Auldyn. In my opinion its a cleverly worded statement as it mentions works not carried out according to spec and I'm pretty sure the cracked red concrete was laid as per contract so it wont be Auldyn fixing that .  

There'll be lots of "clever words" to try and absolve or shift responsibility. It's a career qualification for some in IoMG.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's all very vague and they are trying to pretend it's just change of use when it's clearly a lot more.  Planning application is here:

https://services.gov.im/planningapplication/services/planning/planningapplicationdetails.iom?ApplicationReferenceNumber=21%2F00827%2FB

So did any other potential operators/lessees get a look in?

Looking at how long they have been digging up the red/brown/cream concrete on the tramlines by the Esplanade if they do decide to do that along the whole length then it will take months.

I was told by someone who knows some of the senior officials involved in this fiasco that the concrete needs to come up but I can well imagine that decision will be put off for as long as possible.

Latest cock up seems to be regarding the bus stops . Due to cars parking in the designated areas it prevents the buses stopping close enough to disembark safely when they drop the bus. Massive oversight which apparently in the short term they are about to put in bollards either side of all the stops to get around this in the short term. Allegedly going to come back at a much later date and redo these areas to reclain the parking spaces they will loose in the short term. Mind blowing !! But is anyone surprised ? . About to be started . Areas marked off already on Marathon terrace .

Edited by Numbnuts

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

I don’t see many of the minibuses actually operating, it seems to be the double deckers going around with very few passengers on

They are out all the time on the narrow and more rural roads.

The combination of the way those things are built and our roads mean staying in your seat can be a challenge.  Absolute joke I am relatively young and healthy and it can be a difficult ride.  Elderly people really struggle or just don’t use them.

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

They are out all the time on the narrow and more rural roads.

The combination of the way those things are built and our roads mean staying in your seat can be a challenge.  Absolute joke I am relatively young and healthy and it can be a difficult ride.  Elderly people really struggle or just don’t use them.

The fact that they have no windows in the passenger areas that can be opened in the current situation is another concern. Must be fun if anyone is coughing and sneezing!