Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

51 minutes ago, The Chief said:

so why did the white line start exactly where the pit lane wall stops going across the pavement into the road, pretty sure the buses don;t drive down there, oh and it was painted over before the prom was 2 way.

but keep digging you will hit the bottom eventually.

Is correct as clearly the brains trust in DOI realised they had made a major boob which is nothing new tbh . 

What gets me is, notwithstanding the red bits - if it's painted up as per the mock up picture - there's still plenty of white painted parts in evidence? Presumably none of that is slippery though?

992795-1.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

What gets me is, notwithstanding the red bits - if it's painted up as per the mock up picture - there's still plenty of white painted parts in evidence? Presumably none of that is slippery though?

992795-1.jpg

Why can’t they have a proper crossing with traffic lights during the period 8.30-9 & 3.20-3.50 during term time when bulk of kids are entering/exiting?

Not sure what’s happening at Braddan school, thought it was a new crossing & bus stop but the whole stretch of c100m has been dug up & resurfaced with no sign of a crossing yet

The madness goes on and on, when will it stop? Who will say enough is enough? I don't see any candidates with the brains or the brawn to get our country back on it's feet with sustainability and sense as the criteria instead of false pseudo progress and dangerous, expensive flights of fancy.

I despair I really do.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

The madness goes on and on, when will it stop? Who will say enough is enough? I don't see any candidates with the brains or the brawn to get our country back on it's feet with sustainability and sense as the criteria instead of false pseudo progress and dangerous, expensive flights of fancy.

I despair I really do.

We so need a incredibly strong and capable CM to stand any chance and a big change of mentality in CS and Chief Secretary needs a wake up call . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

I despair I really do.

Well you say that, but step back, is our country really not on its feet? When did it fall of its feet?

I do think your despair is a little exaggerated. Yes, things can always be better. But enough is enough of what?

I , along with probably most of the population feel fortunate to live here and don’t feel we are in the grip of madness going on and on. We all have our gripes some justified ( the promenade for example) others not , but where doesn’t?

Despair, I would leave to those unfortunates trying to get the hell out of Kabul.

The next CM just needs to read the riot act to the CS. The constant fuck ups, over spends and failures just can't be tolerated any longer. 

Government headcount outside of emergency services, health and education should he cut by a third. That would sharpen things up and clear out the dead wood.

Edited by AlanShimmin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

We so need a incredibly strong and capable CM to stand any chance and a big change of mentality in CS and Chief Secretary needs a wake up call . 

Chief Secretary needs to be binned and new blood brought in. Ditto AG. Ditto DOI. Ditto all of them.

• Like 1

Final coat of white grip powder being applied to the roundalabout this morning. Ready for the villa section opening shortly. Whole area needs a proper clean too. 

3 zebras in space of 200m is a good thing. Really not sure about the crossing on Broadway though it seems too close to the junction

Edited by TomTucker