Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

13 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

They use just eat in the UK for deliveries. I wonder if they will do the same here.

I am pretty sure its NOT the same franchisee, I will check.

The Herbert family sold their KFC franchise operation in NI, IRL, UK & IoM, including non trading ones, to the Issa brothers, who own EG, and through that, nowadays, Asda, European Garages petrol stations, with food/retail, all over Europe and Australia.

Pretty certain IoM area franchise was included. 

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The Herbert family sold their KFC franchise operation in NI, IRL, UK & IoM, including non trading ones, to the Issa brothers, who own EG, and through that, nowadays, Asda, European Garages petrol stations, with food/retail, all over Europe and Australia.

Pretty certain IoM area franchise was included. 

You could well be right. I know a man who will know and I'll report back. I know its nothing to do with Starbucks/Curry place that's going in. I was told a few weeks ago about the KFC but I forgot what he said! I am sure I would have remembered as he made some very disparaging remarks about the Franchise holder of the Duke street outfit. I believe KFCs model is a bit different to other similar franchise operations and they don't necessarily give them out exclusively by area.

20 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You could well be right. I know a man who will know and I'll report back. I know its nothing to do with Starbucks/Curry place that's going in. I was told a few weeks ago about the KFC but I forgot what he said! I am sure I would have remembered as he made some very disparaging remarks about the Franchise holder of the Duke street outfit. I believe KFCs model is a bit different to other similar franchise operations and they don't necessarily give them out exclusively by area.

Herbert’s seem to manage fine everywhere apart from IoM. They had 150 franchises. Largest franchise holder in British Isles.

Whilst I didnt want my first post to be negative, they really dont make it easy. As if closing the best road on the IOM for 6 weeks plus isnt enough, forcing every Tom, Dick and Harry on to the coast road (which is an absolute disgrace), they then put lights at the end of the prom, on an area where, from what I could see, no work took place whatsoever. Whilst I'm on one, what clowns do the patching these days, do they even use a roller? Theyre as dangerous as the potholes they replace.

And breathe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Weliveinhope said:

Whilst I didnt want my first post to be negative, they really dont make it easy. As if closing the best road on the IOM for 6 weeks plus isnt enough, forcing every Tom, Dick and Harry on to the coast road (which is an absolute disgrace), they then put lights at the end of the prom, on an area where, from what I could see, no work took place whatsoever. Whilst I'm on one, what clowns do the patching these days, do they even use a roller? Theyre as dangerous as the potholes they replace

You forgot that the leccy trams started today too.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Assuming it’s run better than Duke Street ( same franchisee? ), and the fryer fat is changed, the delivery option might be worth a try.

being a drive through will increase demand so quality should be up.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Did I see Black behind the wheel of a nice shiny bus yesterday? Nice work if you can get it. A big pay off for being crap at your job and supplementing your pension on a contract for the business you used to run. 

HaHa. If that was true it would be weirdly funny. I doubt it is though.

10 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

KFC & Quality = oxymoron.

i get what you mean, but footfall at the strand site was slow so stuff will have sat for while ,  a drive through with faster turnover will see stuff sold fresher from the fryer.  it was a said day when Maccy D's did better chicken strips than KFC

burger king next then ?? 

Edited by WTF