Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

4 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

It moves! A few metres...while important looking men in hiviz vests watch on. Gripping stuff. 

2B56ED1D-9A4A-4BD1-9786-02382C7E507A.jpeg

2D93EEB9-7C3D-4B80-8710-1B1AFBBD4DD5.jpeg

F4048470-B477-440B-8A8E-9119A993C83E.jpeg

Quite outstanding the way they can get their arses into gear when it suits. If they had put this much effort in at the beginning, the project would have been finished ages ago

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Are they going to add a horse or are they just going to keep the five men in orange vests shoving it? 

Looked to me like they were trying to keep it on the rails!

I heard the other day that trams would have difficulty staying on those rails because the bend leading up to and from the crossing is too acute (if that makes sense!).

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

It moves! A few metres...while important looking men in hiviz vests watch on. Gripping stuff. 

2B56ED1D-9A4A-4BD1-9786-02382C7E507A.jpeg

2D93EEB9-7C3D-4B80-8710-1B1AFBBD4DD5.jpeg

F4048470-B477-440B-8A8E-9119A993C83E.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Quite outstanding the way they can get their arses into gear when it suits. If they had put this much effort in at the beginning, the project would have been finished ages ago

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Are they going to add a horse or are they just going to keep the five men in orange vests shoving it? 

I’m told it has derailed…

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’m told it has derailed…

Expected . The rail gap is too big between rails , 63 mm apparently , and should only be 30 mm ish as the old rails were . Longworth was warned about this but insisted it would be ok. Solution ! Change the wheel sets on the horse trams ! 

Edited by Numbnuts

Self explanatory .. IL ...Longworth 

11th September 2019, IL replies, raising concerns, in particular about the compatibility of Horse Tram wheels and MER tram wheels

12th September 2019, Redacted of SCUK following a meeting with IL sends an email to TOM, copying the mail to IL, confirming that the wheel sets will be based on MER and that if required IL would modify the 13 Horse Tram wheel sets.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I heard the other day that trams would have difficulty staying on those rails because the bend leading up to and from the crossing is too acute (if that makes sense!).

Sometimes they fall over when the bend is too tight e.g. MER at Laxey.