Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

11 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I hope it was not to serious. Which of the non conforming crossing was it, Sue the ass off the DOI. Its the only way they will change the whole shit show on the prom and create legally recognised crossing points. And sack the twat who thought the design was good. Better still get him in court and jail him for injury caused by his decision to install illegal crossing. Might cause these crayon happy pricks to think twice about their design. 

If you read the post it says bottom of Broadway. If that's correct then that's a full on pelican crossing so seems you might be jumping the gun a bit and rushing to conclusions. 

12 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Better still get him in court and jail him for injury caused by his decision to install illegal crossing. Might cause these crayon happy pricks to think twice about their design. 

Doesn't seemed to have happened with the crossing of doom at St Johns. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Doesn't seemed to have happened with the crossing of doom at St Johns. 

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Puzzles me how people like posts that are probably not even correct.

@manxfisherman

@quilp

@Lightening McQueen

13 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I hope it was not to serious. Which of the non conforming crossing was it, Sue the ass off the DOI. Its the only way they will change the whole shit show on the prom and create legally recognised crossing points. And sack the twat who thought the design was good. Better still get him in court and jail him for injury caused by his decision to install illegal crossing. Might cause these crayon happy pricks to think twice about their design. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/parents-speak-out-after-the-death-of-luke-21-at-crossing-548201

Seems that you can't prosecute a Govt Dept for whatever reason and they were waiting for a H&S report. 

I suspect getting the info of who at the DOI designed/was directly responsible would also be impossible. 

Can you sue a Govt Dept? 

5 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/parents-speak-out-after-the-death-of-luke-21-at-crossing-548201

Seems that you can't prosecute a Govt Dept for whatever reason and they were waiting for a H&S report. 

I suspect getting the info of who at the DOI designed/was directly responsible would also be impossible. 

Can you sue a Govt Dept? 

Manx Forums is the Manx,21st century, virtual version of an angry wild west posse

The facts dont get in the way of a 'hangin'

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Can you sue a Govt Dept? 

plenty of people are suing and have sued for shit medical experiences ( or lack of ) up at nobles , i guess that is a government department getting sued.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WTF said:

plenty of people are suing and have sued for shit medical experiences ( or lack of ) up at nobles , i guess that is a government department getting sued.

There’s a difference between prosecuting, criminal proceedings, with fines or prison, and suing for damages. And it’s not even a subtle one.

Its just like a RTA, driver can be prosecuted by the police/AG’’s and sued by the other party.

41 minutes ago, John Wright said:

There’s a difference between prosecuting, criminal proceedings, with fines or prison, and suing for damages. And it’s not even a subtle one.

Its just like a RTA, driver can be prosecuted by the police/AG’’s and sued by the other party.

so in  answering the Phantoms question  ' Can you sue a Govt Dept? '   was my response appropriate and/or correct  ??

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Can you sue a Govt Dept? 

the DOI or their agents   are busy altering the crossing place where the boy was sadly killed at St Johns  this week   at the old railway crossing ,  there were criticised  at the time of the unfortunate collision ,  their track record is not good  particularly where road safety is concerned , the crossings on Douglas promenade are totally confusing  with too many different types, and no zig zag lines on some  approaches to warn motorists its illegal to overtake ,

they should be all the same straightforward Zebra crossings , no confusion then , and motorists do give way to let pedestrians cross , the pelican crossings are just an expensive waste of money , 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1