Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

April 2014...great cheers, as Minister Cretiny is the first to drive along the newly opened Peel Road:

attachicon.gifcar_hole.jpg

Normally it irks me to see democratically elected government thingamabods getting the piss taken out of them, but that is funny.

Do carry on though ripping the shit out of the mlc's.

3 months early. some serious cash saving then (if it were a sensible form of contract) (which it no doubt isn't)

Doubt it, if the contractor submitted a quotation to do the job within a certain time and they work hard to finish earlier, why should there be a cash saving? There wont be any saving for the Department, but possibly for the contractor.

If a contractor delivered three months ahead to me I'd be questioning whether their initial quote was inflated.

You hire a plumber who tell you a job will take seven days and charges you for seven days but completes in four, you're telling me you don't query it?

Can we do business sometime?

• Like 3

3 months early. some serious cash saving then (if it were a sensible form of contract) (which it no doubt isn't)

Doubt it, if the contractor submitted a quotation to do the job within a certain time and they work hard to finish earlier, why should there be a cash saving? There wont be any saving for the Department, but possibly for the contractor.

because modern contracts allow pain/gain share. most highway contracts are tendered on this basis so that early means a win for both parties. as ans wrote perhaps the proposed time was inflated, but then the client (DOI) should have seen through that and forced an adjust before award

April 2014...great cheers, as Minister Cretiny is the first to drive along the newly opened Peel Road:

attachicon.gifcar_hole.jpg

Do you remember Dave Cretney's Relliant Robin disintergrating into hundreds of pieces of fibreglass on Peel Road, many years ago.?

I can't remember now if that was when he was still a postman or was in The House at the time though.

In one way it was not funny, but most people I know laughed,laugh.png

Edited by dilligaf

if you work out the length of road compared to the time taken, Castletown Road in Port Erin takes the biscuit for length of time taken to do a simple job ably assisted by the apparent usual lack of supervision allowing workers to do seemingly nothing for large parts of the day....................