Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

I sincerely hope that at the end of all this there will be an independent, forensic Inquiry into what has gone on, the Whens, the Whys and the Whos. That would leave no stone unturned and not just produce an outcome of "Lessons will be Learned". The lessons relevant should have been learned well before this shambles commenced.

Then a pig cruised past at 40,000 feet.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Amazingly little being done this week judging by a walk along the prom this morning. Bar a handful of people on Loch Prom the place is like a ghost town. 

I think it is safe to assume that a week or so into 2020 they are already a week or so behind. 

They have got the electronic counter thing working again though by the building site that is classed as "complete" up by the Paramount.

I think you are right, they are already a week if not two behind already if the phasing plans are to be believed, assuming they were ever intended to be accurate and not just a smokescreen. From the October strategic minutes it looked like they were 24 weeks behind approximately 48 weeks into the project so it would look like this ratio is continuing.

3 hours ago, NoTail said:

The hole by Sam Webb has got halfway across the road.  There was a worried looking guy on his phone looking into the hole. All machinery stopped. Maybe another month's delay...

Interesting as there's apparently a void there and also not known where some of the drains/sewers are so maybe they've found them or the void . That's another 6 months and 5 experts brought in !!

11 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Interesting as there's apparently a void there and also not known where some of the drains/sewers are so maybe they've found them or the void . That's another 6 months and 5 experts brought in !!

Amazing!  They've finally found one of the voids that were the excuse for the whole cock-up of a project.  Though admittedly not on the Prom.

• Like 3

Just now, Roger Mexico said:

Amazing!  They've finally found one of the voids that were the excuse for the whole cock-up of a project.  Though admittedly not on the Prom.

I did say apparently ...a holding tank for waste from hotels and adjacent property allegedly 

5 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

I'm hoping that some of the big businesses from across, M and S etc, start making BIG waves..at least, I wish someone with clout would start kicking back 'cos the gov. ain't listening to us.

This isn’t just a hole in the road...it’s a not far from M&S hole in the road.

• Haha 6