Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

16 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

It's as if they have gone past the point of no return and going to carry on regardless. Feckin eejits, the lot of them

I'm in agreement to this. It's almost a case of head in the sand . I said quite early in this debacle that a halt needed to be called by Quayle and the likes ,heads banged together and it sorted and a reslistic time scale and staff levels on site to get the job done efficently and with the least disruption . When Quayle was asked about the Promenade at the time of Princess Anne's visit he laughed and said Ohhh yes the Prom and that was that ..nothing from him since . Quite sad really has he clearly hasn't the backbone to sort it out ... 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

I'm in agreement to this. It's almost a case of head in the sand . I said quite early in this debacle that a halt needed to be called by Quayle and the likes ,heads banged together and it sorted and a reslistic time scale and staff levels on site to get the job done efficently and with the least disruption . When Quayle was asked about the Promenade at the time of Princess Anne's visit he laughed and said Ohhh yes the Prom and that was that ..nothing from him since . Quite sad really has he clearly hasn't the backbone to sort it out ... 

He hasn’t a backbone at all

Open questions need to be asked in House of Keys and Tynwald. It will focus the minds.

It's far too easy for these guys to fanny about with Brexit and Climate Change and all that sort of bollocks.

The Promenade isn't sexy and it doesn't involve ego boosting meaningless trips to Westminster but it has to be got a grip of.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

This being the same Tim Baker who's been in DOI infrastructure post for all of five minutes.

Like a chick in the nest, unquestioning beak wide open, being fed bullshit by his Departmental mandarins.

Baker is a fully signed up member of the junior CoMin Club. He's hoping to become a fully fledged member after the next election. I don't think he's voted against a CoMin motion yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Wonder why Onchan’s champion isn’t all over this?

He can't. He's in Enterprise and they are involved in the Prom works via the grants scheme so he's conflicted. That is why he isn't involved in the investigation into the Prom by the environment and infrastructure committee which he chairs. He was rather upset about it on one his blogs a few months back probably because he saw it as a vote winner.

• Like 1

It's the usual thing. If one of them raises words against the government the government just use taxpayer money and stuffs their mouths with gold.

Oh, they can stop the gravy train alright, but usually just long enough to hop aboard.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 2

Could it actually get any worse !! So all that fuss and expense to have two tram tracks would seen a complete waste as they ' forgot' or whatever to include signals to enable it to happen.  So now maybe it's one tram at any one time on the tracks .. how long for a journey up and down  the prom  ! Some service this is going to be .unbelievable really .Bet the powers that be are glad they started this  

IMG_0374.JPG

Edited by Numbnuts

I could never understand for the life of me that if we actually had to continue with the horse trams wwhy it wasn't just a single tram line, I mean for fuck sake, how many people are expected to go on the trams, even at peak summer time people would happily wait for the tram to return as long as the trams were running to time....we don't have millions using the tram each year!!

• Like 2

They should have been at the home of rest on a little track so that people and kids could see and enjoy them in the company of other horsey people ! Not bringing the prom to be an utter cluster !! FFS heritage is fine but a loss making enterprise isn't going to pay anyones salary any time soon get a xxxxxxx grip !

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Could it actually get any worse !! So all that fuss and expense to have two tram tracks would seen a complete waste as they ' forgot' or whatever to include signals to enable it to happen.  So now maybe it's one tram at any one time on the tracks .. how long for a journey up and down  the prom  ! Some service this is going to be .unbelievable really .Bet the powers that be are glad they started this  

IMG_0374.JPG

Richard Butt and his people are gonna love this! 

£1 million......... Who is AB? Anyone who’d even mention this, knowing that minutes will be published for scrutiny, should be Sectioned.