Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

2 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Richard Butt and his people are gonna love this! 

£1 million......... Who is AB? Anyone who’d even mention this, knowing that minutes will be published for scrutiny, should be Sectioned. 

IJL I think is Longworth 

N Black CEO DOI 

J Robinson Director of Highway services

P Singer Director of projects 

J Reece Chief Engineer

A Burrows Project Manager 

K Podmore Design Team Leader 

G Saunders Construction  Manager 

Edited by Numbnuts

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Could it actually get any worse !! So all that fuss and expense to have two tram tracks would seen a complete waste as they ' forgot' or whatever to include signals to enable it to happen.  So now maybe it's one tram at any one time on the tracks .. how long for a journey up and down  the prom  ! Some service this is going to be .unbelievable really .Bet the powers that be are glad they started this  

IMG_0374.JPG

FFS they lunge from one disastrous situation to another. It just shows that they have no actual strategy or plan and are just making it up on the hoof. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

FFS they lunge from one disastrous situation to another. It just shows that they have no actual strategy or plan and are just making it up on the hoof. 

That's what I was actually told and  if you read the full minutes on My Prom site it would seem that Auldyn are suggesting when pushed for a timetable that they are still waiting for specific detailed design plans from DOI . This was what I'd been told in November by contractor in the know and it's all been  born out since .  Apparently they had concept plans...but no detailed ones to give to the contractor hence one of the reasons for slow pace .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

Inquiry time. Cease work. Find out what's gone wrong (must be fairly obvious to all by now). 

Dismiss some people forthwith as examples and bring some UK Contractors in.

Before this scandalous exhibition of Public Office incompetence consumes any more money for zero return other than a laughing stock construction.

And do it NOW.

ETA. And we've got Chris Thomas MHK posting on these boards telling us how everything's tickety-boo in Government and its finances.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

That's what I was actually told and  if you read the full minutes on My Prom site it would seem that Auldyn are suggesting when pushed for a timetable that they are still waiting for specific detailed design plans from DOI . This was what I'd been told in November by contractor in the know and it's all been  born out since .  Apparently they had concept plans...but no detailed ones to give to the contractor hence one of the reasons for slow pace .  

It’s just dire. I mean everyone knew that they are a bunch of complete fucking idiots before this work even started but the general scale of their idiocy is still astounding as a lot of those minutes attest. The whole situation over the horse tram tracks should have got someone sacked but the reality is that they’ve actually promoted the guy who has fucked it up and sacked the people who were brought in to ease his transition out of the job instead. What do you actually have to do to get hoofed out of the DOI? Rape a cat in the middle of the road? Do a shit in Alf Cannan’s top drawer? Set fire to Howard Quayle’s house? They appear to have a plan for nothing other than how much money they can get away with spending and how much they can fuck everyone else around while they’re doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Inquiry time. Cease work. Find out what's gone wrong (must be fairly obvious to all by now). 

Dismiss some people forthwith as examples and bring some UK Contractors in.

Before this scandalous exhibition of Public Office incompetence consumes any more money for zero return other than a laughing stock construction.

And do it NOW.

ETA. And we've got Chris Thomas MHK posting on these boards telling us how everything's tickety-boo in Government and its finances.

I wonder if CT has permission from the fat lad to be engaging with the plebs?

If anyone reads the My Prom minutes youll see mention of legal discussions taking place with regard to the cracking . Also mention of increased costs accrued so it's going to get worse yet ! I was told that Auldyn had a guy over making notes hourly of any works carried out since the job ground to a halt vitually , of all the hourly rate work been done .. this is all going to cost someone ! Notice the mention of not discussing some aspects relative to costs due to confidentiallty . What a mess ! 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I  was told that Auldyn had a guy over making notes hourly of any works carried out since the job ground to a halt vitually , of all the hourly rate work been done .. this is all going to cost someone ! Notice the mention of not discussing some aspects relative to costs due to confidentiallty . What a mess ! 

It will be liability management. They probably think they are potentially on the hook for being blamed for the cock up’s on a project of this size and value so it’s probably now a bit of a Mexican stand off where they won’t do anything without photographing outcomes, and clear plans and direction as the financial downside will potentially be extreme. I’d guess that’s why nothing seems to have happened for months while they all argue over it all. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It’s just dire. I mean everyone knew that they are a bunch of complete fucking idiots before this work even started but the general scale of their idiocy is still astounding as a lot of those minutes attest. The whole situation over the horse tram tracks should have got someone sacked but the reality is that they’ve actually promoted the guy who has fucked it up and sacked the people who were brought in to ease his transition out of the job instead. What do you actually have to do to get hoofed out of the DOI? Rape a cat in the middle of the road? Do a shit in Alf Cannan’s top drawer? Set fire to Howard Quayle’s house? They appear to have a plan for nothing other than how much money they can get away with spending and how much they can fuck everyone else around while they’re doing it. 

Rob Callister supplied some kind of response that was posted back on Dec 10th. Every day that passes makes a mockery of the DoI's responses