Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

47 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Funny no mention of Rob Callister in that post but reads clear enough. Was he one of the parties who asked the questions? 

After seriously questioning the revised work schedule for the promenade back in October, I was invited onto the Douglas Promenade Political Oversight Board, which I was happy to accept. 

The next meeting is Monday afternoon, so feel free to send me any information - my email is rob.callister@gov.im 

If I can’t attend that meeting on Monday I will certainly get DOI to respond to questions etc...

4 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

After seriously questioning the revised work schedule for the promenade back in October, I was invited onto the Douglas Promenade Political Oversight Board, which I was happy to accept.

So you’re saying that the unattributed (by Neil Down) author of that letter is yourself? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

1 minute ago, Rob Callister said:

The next meeting is Monday afternoon, so feel free to send me any information - my email is rob.callister@gov.im 

If I can’t attend that meeting on Monday I will certainly get DOI to respond to questions etc...

I think the question that everyone wants to know the answer to is why is Longworth still in a job. Oh and a bonus question why on earth did Tynwald agree to a dual track on the narrowest part of the prom and why not bring a motion forward to reverse this decision? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The trouble is, we, the public don't know the value of Longworths contribution. It needs an MHK to ask the appropriate question in the house to get truthful answers.

Up to it Rob?

Trouble is, Longworths CS will respond to any questions!!!

7 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

No, I am not aware of any letter?

My comments were made during the Tynwald Members briefing back in October 

Sorry my confusion as Neil Down inferred you had responded to the DOI then gave a reference to page 88 of this thread which seemed to reproduce an anonymized letter to the DOI querying various matters around the prom works. So you are saying you had absolutely no nexus with that letter or request for additional information? I think he said “Rob Callister supplied some kind of response that was posted back on Dec 10th. Every day that passes makes a mockery of the DoI's responses” from memory. 

3 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I think the question that everyone wants to know the answer to is why is Longworth still in a job. Oh and a bonus question why on earth did Tynwald agree to a dual track on the narrowest part of the prom and why not bring a motion forward to reverse this decision? 

To answer the second part of your question....

Personally, in December 2016 I voted for a single track along the promenade, which was defeated. 

In January 2017, the only option left on the table was a dual track and then for a single track down to the Sea Terminal. The alternative was to vote down the entire scheme, which I was never going tosupport...

4 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Sorry my confusion as Neil Down inferred you had responded to the DOI then gave a reference to page 88 of this thread which seemed to reproduce a letter to the DOI querying various matters around the prom works. So you are saying you had absolutely no nexus with that letter or request for additional information? I think he said “Rob Callister supplied some kind of response that was posted back on Dec 10th. Every day that passes makes a mockery of the DoI's responses” from memory. 

Not 100% sure but I think Neil Down might have sent me a list of questions regarding the promenade, which I forwarded onto Nick Black at DOI

The team at DOI then responded to each point raised. 

This was via e-mail and not by letter, so apologies for any confusion. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

Personally, in December 2016 I voted for a single track along the promenade, which was defeated. 

What's the point of the horse trams? Why do you support keeping them going. They seem like a huge waste of money.

I can see that they were perhaps a bit  of fun even back in 70s when the boarding houses still existed and the promenade was busy in the summer. But now?

Edited by pongo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

Not 100% sure but I think Neil Down might have sent me a list of questions regarding the promenade, which I forwarded onto Nick Black at DOI

You have no need to apologize for being confused. I was just trying to work out what Neil Down meant as  he made reference to you doing something in relation to the info on page 88. Although I would imagine the answer to whether you were an intermediary in that situation or not was quite straight forward. 

9 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

To answer the second part of your question....

In January 2017, the only option left on the table was a dual track and then for a single track down to the Sea Terminal. The alternative was to vote down the entire scheme, which I was never going tosupport...

Ywhats your thoughts on this then Rob ?? 

IMG_0374.JPG

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

I posted a load of concerns I'd been told about by someone close to the contract and I think Neal must have formulated them into questions . My source was very credible and indeed everything I'd posted has come true or is doing ..

• Like 1