Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

50 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Surely the sensible thing to do would be to paint the building after all the work was done?

Agreed. But I imagine they were keen to get it painted sooner than 5 -10 years from now! 

If I do remember the original plans that areas was supposed to be finished and done before TT 2019 so the owners probably got fed up of waiting 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

just a quick question (apologies if it's been covered before) but if Longworth "retired" in Jan 2019 why was he still listed as Director Public Transport at subsequent board meetings. Hadn't Ian Bates assumed that roll by then?

17 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

just a quick question (apologies if it's been covered before) but if Longworth "retired" in Jan 2019 why was he still listed as Director Public Transport at subsequent board meetings. Hadn't Ian Bates assumed that roll by then?

Something to do with nobody (except him) being qualified to hold a bus operators license 

I see they're now claiming (iomtoday) that everything's still within original budget, with contractors having been paid £6.3M out of the £25M pot. No mention of being 10 months behind though or what effect that will have on the budget at the conclusion (if ever).

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

I see they're now claiming (iomtoday) that everything's still within original budget, with contractors having been paid £6.3M out of the £25M pot. No mention of being 10 months behind though or what effect that will have on the budget at the conclusion (if ever).

They are absolute fuck nuggets the lot of them. How can it be so far behind yet still on budget?

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

They are absolute fuck nuggets the lot of them. How can it be so far behind yet still on budget?

it just means they haven't spent beyond the budget YET , it in no way means they are within budget for this amount of 'progress'  but they most certainly will  br above budget down the line.

It's just the typical, since forever, CS play on words. You have to read between the lines and what they DON'T say is just as (if not more) relevant than what they utter. All in the name of covering their own arses and cock ups.

Unfortunately, politicians don't seem to be able to twig this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Well I have it on very good authority that the original budget was very generous on contingencies so that's I guess possible . However looking at lack of action recently , well since they started really , I can't see it not costing a lot more . No sign of the rail gang for a few weeks now and they were supposed to have the rails in the latest plan finished to Castle Mona avenue by end of January !!! Yes not even close and they  announced that timescale beginning of January so as we know they haven't a clue and still think we are idiots .