Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

4 hours ago, RedSkyAtNight said:

Been up and down a few times this week. Looks like things are going at a much quicker pace now. The workers must be using all that built up lockdown energy!

Being maybe a tad cynical I would say its probably because DOI have had time to get the detailed work plans finished so now there's some structure as contractors now know what they are supposed to do as opposed to day to day instructions .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Being maybe a tad cynical I would say its probably because DOI have had time to get the detailed work plans finished so now there's some structure as contractors now know what they are supposed to do as opposed to day to day instructions .  

Could be! I feel sorry for the workmen that just wanted to crack on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

Could be! I feel sorry for the workmen that just wanted to crack on.

Totally !! Agree with you and they getting the flack when its been DOI all along . Wait till what I posted earlier is announced . Heard more but I'll not post it as what I've said before hasnt happened yet so I'll be cautious  

1 hour ago, RedSkyAtNight said:

I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of cracks on the prom. Then again those new DOI issued braces seek to be doing all the work.

You havent looked too closely . I countered 472 in the red concrete between Palace and Queens Promenade Tee shirt shop . Lots are only hairline ones but there is also lots of bigger ones 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Confirmed in the latest myprom newsletter that the horse trams will not be going any further than the war memorial.

That sounds exactly like a message that would have been transmitted from Special Operations Executive on a dark night in November 1943 to a British spy hiding in an attic somewhere just north of Arras, France.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Numbnuts was right

And that of course is exactly what the spy would have responded to confirm he’d received the transmission.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Confirmed in the latest myprom newsletter that the horse trams will not be going any further than the war memorial.

Yes complete abuse of emergency powers to do what they were always going to do anyway. These are government departments that we simply can’t trust as they will even abuse a global pandemic where island residents have died in order to overrule what the public actually wanted.