Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Now there's a surprise not !! Guess they have forgotton about the 4 weeks plus they have gained by TT/ MGP being cancelled . Can't believe there blaming Covid for their allround incompetence. Also guess conveniently forgot they were already over 6 months behind and counting .      

Edited by Numbnuts

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Now there's a surprise not !! Guess they have forgotton about the 4 weeks plus they have gained by TT/ MGP being cancelled . Can't believe there blaming Covid for their allround incompetence. Also guess conveniently forgot they were already over 6 months behind and counting .      

Of còurse Tim Baker is responsible as the member in charge, nice hospital pass by Harmer! BAker is also in charge of meat plant disaster costing us £1m pa subsidies and children's champions on which he has said absolutely nothing about children or their education!!

God knows what he will do to MUA

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 1:02 PM, Out of the blue said:

Wow, 12 for what is essentially one big government department! I assume that our police do not have any directly employed Comms people? As a general point,  I would have thought it would be more cost effective to have an in house mouth piece who interacts with a retained private media agency. That way we avoid the personal and pension liabilities and other overheads.

That's nothing, there are 3 Comms people on this prom job, yes 3!

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

When you see the way the DOI has acted you pretty much give up all hope of change in this island in government circles. They seem to have got even more badly managed incompetent and wasteful as a result of this. Covid will now be the ultimate reason why whatever they deliver on the prom works will be shit. 

• Like 1

Well, it seems to be Govt policy that those who are perceived to be costing the Island too much should have new employment T&Cs imposed on them, plenty of examples to draw upon.

So by the same thinking, given that we've got a very public £25M fuck up on Douglas Promenade, Messrs Harmer, Baker, Black, Robinson and Longworth (have I missed anybody?) need to be dragged out of their sumptious offices and given a haircut too.

Then we can move on to some of the provenly squandering Town Clerks in Local Authorities too.

Big savings to be made, I'd say...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As I mentioned before which now seems to be mentioned officially now the original plans for roundabouts have gone and also I believe the pavements around Queens Prom are now to be tarmac not granite .. Looks like so many short cuts going to be implemented sadly . And once again all discussed in a private meeting and not in Tynwald ..So much for democracy on this Island . Usual suspects keeping a low profile !   

13 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

As I mentioned before which now seems to be mentioned officially now the original plans for roundabouts have gone and also I believe the pavements around Queens Prom are now to be tarmac not granite .. Looks like so many short cuts going to be implemented sadly . And once again all discussed in a private meeting and not in Tynwald ..So much for democracy on this Island . Usual suspects keeping a low profile !   

And still going to go way over budget!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

They are literally making it up as they go along. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Southfork said:

They are literally making it up as they go along. 

You are totally correct and I know this for a fact after a convo with a good friend back in October who filled me in on the goings on , or not of the procedures and totally explained the piece meal work areas. No detailed plans !!! Contractors having to ask whats next and how to do various tasks. Total and utter cock up from day one . And hence why the proposed 60/70 workers on the job never materialised . Heads should roll starting with Nick Black and Johnson but you know they wont . Quayle should have got a grip of this situation from a early stage as it was clear to everyone what was happening . And the bottom line !!! The cost !!???  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Well, it seems to be Govt policy that those who are perceived to be costing the Island too much should have new employment T&Cs imposed on them, plenty of examples to draw upon.

So by the same thinking, given that we've got a very public £25M fuck up on Douglas Promenade, Messrs Harmer, Baker, Black, Robinson and Longworth (have I missed anybody?) need to be dragged out of their sumptious offices and given a haircut too.

Then we can move on to some of the provenly squandering Town Clerks in Local Authorities too.

Big savings to be made, I'd say...

Baker has just been promoted for his par to MUA, Nick Black is the one who needs axing he is CEO and the number of complete balls ups DOI have done needs to stop with him.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Golfer said:

Baker has just been promoted for his par to MUA, Nick Black is the one who needs axing he is CEO and the number of complete balls ups DOI have done needs to stop with him.

What really annoys me, is that Baker only took on responsibility for Highways, when this project was already a major fuck-up. He was perfectly placed to go in there, smack a few heads together, make an example of one or two whose incompetence had brought us to that point, and demonstrate some leadership and concern for the rapidly emerging waste of tax payer funds.

Instead, he just goes totally native, becomes an apologist for incompetent, and devious, clowns like Black, Longworth and Robinson, and allows then to contemplate a watered down plan, at higher cost. Baker should be much smarter than this. 

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 5