Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 minute ago, Beelzebub3 said:

I believe it was to do with emptying the barrels of emulsion into the main holding tank causing a build up of pressure, from what I gather it was a trivial matter and could have been resolved quite simply if there was a will.

If correct that is disgraceful. The machine must be more effective than the lone DoI bloke who dumps a tub of cold tarmac into a pothole before stamping it down. If anyone in authority lurks on this forum, please look into it this and sort this out.

• Haha 1

Can some financial expert please explain to a simple old man how completing a reconstruction  many months early and with major reductions in the original specification, not to mention the absence of giant voids, can result in the project probably ending up well over budget ?

37 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

If correct that is disgraceful. The machine must be more effective than the lone DoI bloke who dumps a tub of cold tarmac into a pothole before stamping it down. If anyone in authority lurks on this forum, please look into it this and sort this out.

This is 100% correct one of my mates has been chasing to get it up and running for months, I can tell you that this machine will do more in a day than a crew with a dozen buckets will do in a month plus it is at a fraction of the cost! The powers that be at the DOI do not listen to the workforce.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

This is 100% correct one of my mates has been chasing to get it up and running for months, I can tell you that this machine will do more in a day than a crew with a dozen buckets will do in a month plus it is at a fraction of the cost! The powers that be at the DOI do not listen to the workforce.

Mr Baker, Mr Harmer please take note. An easy and popular vote winner is staring you in the face!

9 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Mr Baker, Mr Harmer please take note. An easy and popular vote winner is staring you in the face!

I believe Mr Harmer has been told, although he will not do anything as it might upset the Sea Terminal hierarchy, there are huge savings to be made in that Department which have been identified by staff members and have been totally ignored. The Road Marking crews have done next to nothing for the last year as they were without management, they have state of the art machinesx2 costing over £100,000 each siting doing nothing and that is the tip of the iceberg!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cypman said:

Can some financial expert please explain to a simple old man how completing a reconstruction  many months early and with major reductions in the original specification, not to mention the absence of giant voids, can result in the project probably ending up well over budget ?

I am not a financial expert, but the phrase " this is the Isle of Man " should explain it in a nutshell !!

• Haha 1