Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

46 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

How will the Mannin be in despair?  It caused more than enough road chaos and inconvenience to build it (which is where you probably think it was dug up before).   You can still access the hotel.  You might have to walk fifty yards.  Hardly life changing.

The restaurants on Broadway are mainly busy through bookings rather than walk ins.  Home Run pizza are mainly delivery.

Its three and a half months too:rolleyes:

walk 50 yards... are you mad?

• Haha 3

So has anyone kept a tally on the cost of the 'prom fiasco to date?  And apart from that idiot Gawne (how he ever got away with what he has defeats me) who are the principle incompetent fools to blame for it?  From the strangely absent voids that were claimed to be an urgent problem that justified this monumental clusterfuck to the horrendous waste of money that the stupid horsetrams have caused and everything in-between.

It's not only Denmark that has something rotten about it.

Edited by Rog
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Rog said:

So has anyone kept a tally on the cost of the 'prom fiasco to date?  And apart from that idiot Gawne (how he ever got away with what he has defeats me) who are the principle incompetent fools to blame for it?  From the strangely absent voids that were claimed to be an urgent problem that justified this monumental clusterfuck to the horrendous waste of money that the stupid horsetrams have caused and everything in-between.

It's not only Denmark that has something rotten about it.

The only voids on the Prom scheme belong in DOI management heads . We all knew it would be a disaster and enough warned but honestly , did anyone really think it would be this bad. I've been super critical but its even astounded me . Let them at the Deep water berth at your peril . Meanwhile the state of the general roads deteriorate daily , no sign of Richmond Hill being sorted and I've given up with the Radar ... Its only money , tax payers money !!  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

How will the Mannin be in despair?  It caused more than enough road chaos and inconvenience to build it (which is where you probably think it was dug up before).   You can still access the hotel.  You might have to walk fifty yards.  Hardly life changing.

The restaurants on Broadway are mainly busy through bookings rather than walk ins.  Home Run pizza are mainly delivery.

They actually said possibly three and a half months or until completion of the prom!

My take on the new prom seawall is that it was already purchased when it first raised its ugly head many moons ago. They just gave the impression that public demand to scrap it was showing that democracy was alive and kicking in the island. Now it is ready for delivery baron boot gives it the nod through to safe guard life and limb and cure all the proms problems. Is it like a lego brick so when the stones reach the top they can just add another 1.2 metres

On 5/21/2020 at 2:16 PM, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Quite correct. Classy would have been a small advertisement in the local papers thanking Douglas residents for their patience over the long years of disruption. No such acknowledgement was forthcoming.

• 2 weeks later...

I worked for Watlings when they had the contract for the first initial stage years ago at the Power station. Based in Glasgow and a subsidery of MacAlpines in those days anyway. Mainly did Piling and thats what I did with them here . Around mid 80's from memory. I'm sure its the same operation as the colour of Equipment ,waterproofs and gear was the same bright green .