Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

21 minutes ago, Twitch said:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=56114&headline=We won't leave Prom in a mess&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020 

Mr Black said in the long term, the new tracks may be used by modern trams as part of a possible light rail system running from Birch Hill to Farmhill.

I'm currently searching for the right emoji to express my disbelief at this idea..

That of course is dispensing with Buses ,cars ,lorrys and other normal modes of transport mmm brilliant idea

36 minutes ago, Twitch said:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=56114&headline=We won't leave Prom in a mess&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020 

Mr Black said in the long term, the new tracks may be used by modern trams as part of a possible light rail system running from Birch Hill to Farmhill.

I'm currently searching for the right emoji to express my disbelief at this idea..

As completely insane as it is he is at least now on record for saying it. 

43 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'd love to see it, it maybe in the long term when cars are banned from the town centre?

It would end up being some miserable single carriage affair trundling along at 10 mph taking about an hour each way while you're stood around in the pissing rain waiting for the damn thing!

Edited by finlo

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

It would end up being some miserable single carriage affair trundling along at 10 mph taking about an hour each way while you're stood around in the passing rain waiting for the damn thing!

I'm imagining the trip up Summerhill.

Just now, Max Power said:

I'm imagining the trip up Summerhill.

Is this when the driver gets out at the bottom in the pouring rain to attach the winch cable? :lol: 

We don't really have a ' Town Centre', we have a strip of shops alongside a major thoroughfare! There should be adequate parking for many years to come?

So much so that a SNCM would be under utilised and an unnecessary expense? It would require a depot and large carpark at Summerland to facilitate the transfer from car to train?

Hope you're reading Nick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Underground monorail would be my choice.

Well now we're talking. Build the terminal at the bottom of Broadway. It could connect to the horsie trams for the run to Strathallan. With it being underground traffic could still flow but we build an arched tunnel at ground level for that and on top of the arches we can have the long awaited felt museum. Plenty of room on the seaside too. Just knock down the war memorial. Its on borrowed time anyway with the British Isles statue purge ongoing.

This ticks so many boxes its unreal.

• Like 3