Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

On 6/15/2020 at 7:57 AM, Non-Believer said:

It was announced about 3 months ago, iomtoday article IIRC. The Contingency Budget had already been @ 2/3rds spent. The original costing for the Promenade was a well-documented £25M. Once again, if you're querying it, feel free to link to stats that disprove it and I'll stand corrected.

Or feel free to actually post the link yourself that backs up what you said.

16 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Or feel free to actually post the link yourself that backs up what you said.

Sure, had a look back through the articles, can be found from 25th June, 11th June, 5th June, 17th May and 02nd April.

All make reference to the £25M original cost and the expected overspend in particular in the May and April articles reporting  response to Keys questions from Daphne Cain. I'm sure there's earlier articles too but I CBA looking. Thought this would have easily available for you to research during the working day in Govt Offices? :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don't think so. The Promenade is a first class Governmental embarrassment with those responsible blagging in top gear and trying to bullshit their way through it and the taxpayers copping for the lot.

If you're seriously trying to defend this colossal faux pas by disputing publicly released data and facts you need to touch base with Tim Baker & Co next time you bump into them in the Govt canteen or corridor. They could use your services I'm sure.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Out of the blue said:

Don't ask me guvner, I've just got off the boat, now how about you telling me which pub is showing the Chelsea match.

You jest but there's yet another one who's been found out doing just that!

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Captions invited.

48E46D4A-0E9B-437B-B7FD-E78595E669DC.jpeg

Howie to Auldyn beardy guy - "Are you responsible for giving me this Hi Viz jacket that does not comply with the highway rules because it only has 1 horizontal reflective stripe, to make me look bad?. Why cant I get one like yours? Nice shade of orange but more importantly it has 2 horizontal stripes like it should...…………."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

Howie to Auldyn beardy guy - "Are you responsible for giving me this Hi Viz jacket that does not comply with the highway rules because it only has 1 horizontal reflective stripe, to make me look bad?. Why cant I get one like yours? Nice shade of orange but more importantly it has 2 horizontal stripes like it should...…………."

It's good to see that costs are being cut in Howie's official clothing budget. There must be a saving in not having the extra horizontal reflective stripe.