Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

39 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Looks in better nick than the bogs in the Rovers.

Was in there last night and your not wrong !! At least the Victoris Tavern /salt and pepper /Blind pig  as it is now have refurbed their's  and they really tidy now ..great job done  

Edited by Numbnuts

15 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

The Villiers site before being filled in?

Says opposite the Villa on the post. Fair few comments, I think some people are getting a bit mixed up.Have a skeet here https://www.facebook.com/groups/Oldphotosoftheisleofman/permalink/2947976165330895/

Edit - I've seen various other photos of stuff they've uncovered but because facebook is such a mess I can never find them again. I hope someone is keeping a decent record, that's the kind of thing I'd have liked to have seen on that myprom site personally.

Edited by TheTeapot

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Says opposite the Villa on the post. Fair few comments, I think some people are getting a bit mixed up.Have a skeet here https://www.facebook.com/groups/Oldphotosoftheisleofman/permalink/2947976165330895/

Edit - I've seen various other photos of stuff they've uncovered but because facebook is such a mess I can never find them again. I hope someone is keeping a decent record, that's the kind of thing I'd have liked to have seen on that myprom site personally.

It’s the remains of an underground loo opposite the Gaiety end of the Villa Colonnade . Just where it’s double depth.

Before the prom was widened there was a bend in it at the junction of loch and Harris. That’s why the Sefton and Gaiety are set back. The horse tram tracks went straight past the villa then turned left at Greensills and right onto Loch.

There was a huge C19 prom shelter/kiosk/shops/catering structure. Then, opposite the entrance to the Villa Arcade there was an underground WC block. The photo is of the remains of that.

photo below is 1897/8.

2F973E64-6CDF-4E2A-9511-A796AD6C22E0.jpeg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Was in there last night and your not wrong !! At least the Victoris Tavern /salt and pepper /Blind pig  as it is now have refurbed their's  and they really tidy now ..great job done  

The Rovers is a shit hole.  On the plus side you won't catch Coronavirus in there.  No way it's surviving in there.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

It is somewhat ironic that all the DOI seems to have uncovered of note is a Victorian craphouse.  

Whilst I appreciate he had his failings, that’s no way to refer to Harmer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1