Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

HAHAHAHA It's finally broke then. I knew about this a while back and was ordered "DO NOT POST THIS ON MANX FORUMS". I've being dying to though.

Haha yes knew about it from a friend with a business on the prom . I too promised him I wouldnt say... The gift that keeps on giving . Now  what ? Was having breakfast in the Villa Cafe around lunch time , very nice too , and perusing whats still to be done . Seaside supposed to be finished by early September , which leaves 6 months to do the hotel side ...not even close despite the dropping of lots of the works... Expect another announcement of change in plan and more works left till next phase late next year . 

• Like 1

I see that Ramsey Commissioners are now railing against the DOI plans for redevelopment of Ramsey Quay too, claiming that their objections and concerns voiced during private discussions with the DOI in February have been completely disregarded. Quelle surprise.

Apparently the plans to coat the quayside with even more Chinese granite are not acceptable on the grounds of the amount of cleaning and maintenance that the similarly redeveloped Courthouse grounds surfaces have required ever since. All the above in iomtoday.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pongo said:

Instead of moaning, why doesn't everyone just set off for work earlier and stay a bit later in the evenings?

Because we should all just have to completely adjust our lives to compensate for the general hopeless incompetence of the DOI .. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, piebaps said:

This shouldn't be taken literally madam. He was referring to all manufacturers of dairy products.

Shut up big nose.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Because we should all just have to completely adjust our lives to compensate for the general hopeless incompetence of the DOI .. 

True..it’s a bugger. I sold my house and car and now live in a lean-to hut made of bracken and twigs in Stony Mountain plantation. It’s the only way to escape them.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

True..it’s a bugger. I sold my house and car and now live in a lean-to hut made of bracken and twigs in Stony Mountain plantation. It’s the only way to escape them.

You haven't. They run the quarry there :lol:

• Like 1