Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

4 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Is it me or are the Cones in Governors Dip moving out into the centre of the road ?

I could swear they were against the wall last night, but tonight they were half way arcoss.

wait till they start climbing...

See the source image

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Prom get trashed last night? How could anyone tell?

Let's face it, "costal overtopping" has been happening every day there for the last few years.

(Also I think the police mean "causing" not "due to the".  Unless Watling Streetworks have become so powerful they can now control the forces of nature).

On 8/19/2020 at 8:47 AM, Non-Believer said:

I'm sure Mr Baker has it all in hand.....

He is seriously out of his depth. It takes something to make Ray Harmer look less incompetent but he’s really pulled it off. I notice he even gets quite angry when some of the silly pronouncements he is given to read out by the lunatics actually running the asylum are challenged by people who aren’t completely mentally retarded. And what has his sidekick Callister done since getting the job? Absolutely nothing despite the roads thorough his own constituency being a complete embarrassing clusterfuck of ineptitude. 

2 hours ago, Southfork said:

.......... he is given to read out by the lunatics actually running the asylum are challenged by people who aren’t completely mentally retarded........

I certainly don't mean to offend but this sort of terminology and interpretations helps people stigmatised by mental illness in what way........??

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Southfork said:

He is seriously out of his depth. It takes something to make Ray Harmer look less incompetent but he’s really pulled it off. I notice he even gets quite angry when some of the silly pronouncements he is given to read out by the lunatics actually running the asylum are challenged by people who aren’t completely mentally retarded. And what has his sidekick Callister done since getting the job? Absolutely nothing despite the roads thorough his own constituency being a complete embarrassing clusterfuck of ineptitude. 

why are you always so angry?

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

why are you always so angry?

That’s the most ironic post I’ve read this month. Coming as it does from the angriest clown on Manx Forums. I wasn’t angry I was expressing my opinion on the uselessness of Tim Baker. 

Edited by Southfork

Trying to get to Onchan from top of Victoria Road is a nightmare. I note some traffic from Grandstand is voluntarily giving way to Victoria Road traffic just to keep the traffic flowing.

Surely the roundabout arrangement should have been left more-or-less in place on the lines of:

2068195665_GovRoundabout01.thumb.jpg.1f4fbbdd492f271e5a8c5cb5c0912954.jpg

53 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Trying to get to Onchan from top of Victoria Road is a nightmare. I note some traffic from Grandstand is voluntarily giving way to Victoria Road traffic just to keep the traffic flowing.

Surely the roundabout arrangement should have been left more-or-less in place on the lines of:

2068195665_GovRoundabout01.thumb.jpg.1f4fbbdd492f271e5a8c5cb5c0912954.jpg

It is like that...

The initial layout, which was only in place for a few hours,  did retain the small roundabout, at the top of Victoria Road. However, the police shut it down, almost immediately, as traffic from Onchan, towards the Grandstand, was approaching it too far to the left, and there was an apparent risk of head-on collision, with traffic heading to Onchan. It just shows how the whole charade was intiated, designed and implemented, without proper liaison and consultation. 

1 hour ago, finlo said:

It's not, there's a stop sign at the top of Vic rd.

Sorry, you are right. The bollards go over what was the small roundabout. They should have left it alone. Pretty sure traffic would have managed okay