Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

No, not really. Pretty common here I'd have thought. It was only one person complaining about the marquee at Tynwald Mills for example.

Yeah, and only one person wrote to Boot wanting partridges brought in for target practice.

It all depends who you are and the size of your bank account. And which tax bracket you're in of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

No, not really. Pretty common here I'd have thought. It was only one person complaining about the marquee at Tynwald Mills for example.

You never have understood sarcasm have you?

Obvious really! The past comments are questioning the roadworks started and apparently just left, the apparent lack of co-ordination and planning, the amount of roadworks all happening at once around the island, the time that the jobs are taking, the apparent randomness and indiscriminate location of such works and finally the secretiveness and lack of information the public is allowed to access. That's just to be going on with and if you dis-agree then it's no point discussing it with you. 

That's all. that's me done, you carry on and I'll watch your comments with interest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Obvious really! The past comments are questioning the roadworks started and apparently just left, the apparent lack of co-ordination and planning, the amount of roadworks all happening at once around the island, the time that the jobs are taking, the apparent randomness and indiscriminate location of such works and finally the secretiveness and lack of information the public is allowed to access. That's just to be going on with and if you dis-agree then it's no point discussing it with you. 

That's all. that's me done, you carry on and I'll watch your comments with interest.

I think a lot of it doc, is that with everything being subcontracted, they have lost control?

Edited by Max Power

4 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Coordinate the prom works with beach road port st mary? No offence but I'm at a loss with your comment. Just seems to be knocking the DOI for something that is nothing to do with them nor even vaguely related to this thread. 

5 hours ago, Max Power said:

I think a lot of it doc, is that with everything being subcontracted, they have lost control?

The only thing they have control over is their own furtherance and benefits. But they make sure of that. End of story.

8 hours ago, Happier diner said:

What a pointless comment. Can people not have new water or gas connections in fear of holding you up for literally 'less than a minute' for a day or two?. Find something constructive or even remotely justified to moan about

Thank you. The problems up South have been a feature for  the last 6 to 9 months with regard to relaying roads, numerous gas leaks, Telecom,  Amenity site road closure. etc.  It seems never a day goes by without some new problem that needs a diversion or traffic lights. The planning, co-ordination and involvement with locals would make an interesting debate.

• Like 1