Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

The MyProm site also shows the minutes of the Strategic Board Meetings. I could not face the mental anguish of reading them all, but a quick scan left me a bit surprised.

The interval between meetings is a bit hit-and-miss; and the last one was in June.
There are an awful lot of people at these meetings.
The meetings are quite short - maybe one or two hours.
In spite of the magnificent "Strategic" title, the meetings discuss some trivial details e.g. if the bus shelters should be painted black.

In my experience of progress meetings in the electronics industry, the meetings were once a month on the dot. Fewer people were there, and they all were there to contribute. The meetings took most of the day.

And the later the project got, the more intense the grilling we got. In one instance I turned up for work one day and the head of the software department and one of the systems managers were no longer around. That's what happens when the penalty clauses start being invoked.

But you all already know this stuff. But what can one do. I voted for Allinson and Hooper in the hope that they would change things, but Allinson in particular has just become part of the problem.

28 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

But you all already know this stuff. But what can one do. I voted for Allinson and Hooper in the hope that they would change things, but Allinson in particular has just become part of the problem.

Tynwald and Isle of Man government knew exactly which buttons to press to make Allinson come-right-along-onside, but actually I think he was already there. The ego button is the easiest and most accessible.

4 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Tynwald and Isle of Man government knew exactly which buttons to press to make Allinson come-right-along-onside, but actually I think he was already there. The ego button is the easiest and most accessible.

Big uplift in salary also for a Dept head ! 

Broadway won’t be open on 8th Sept now, because we were given an alternative option that would benefit businesses, hotels and taxis trade etc.... ring me if you need further details . 

On Rob Callister's facebook today ! Wonder when the DOI are letting the plebs know ! Given a alternative , they havent done it in time so there had to be one, they are so full of S**t .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Big uplift in salary also for a Dept head ! 

Actually it wasn't for Allinson.  He was already on a 40% upgrade as a Departmental Member (30%) plus Chair of the MUA (an extra 10%).  So by moving to become a Minister (50%) it isn't that big an increase.  More likely because he felt he will be able to do more as a Minister, though he may now feel differently once he is in post.  Barr, his CEO, is clearly useless, but of course that's no barrier.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I see now that Chester Street has gone back to the DoI they're doing the job of DBC of trying to get people into town by offering a couple of hours free parking. 

Actually they’re now that desperate for good PR that they’re giving spaces to Douglas Prom residents for free. Just in case you live on Queens Prom and want to park up in Chester Street then navigate the 1 1/2 mile total clusterfuck of a walk home assuming you don’t fall down some unsigned hole while you’re doing it. 

37 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Actually they’re now that desperate for good PR that they’re giving spaces to Douglas Prom residents for free. Just in case you live on Queens Prom and want to park up in Chester Street then navigate the 1 1/2 mile total clusterfuck of a walk home assuming you don’t fall down some unsigned hole while you’re doing it. 

I've done that walk , at night admittedly and its a nightmare , like a maze with no clear pathway    

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

...maybe they've actually peaked on inconvenience through wrecking the Island's public roads network?

Surely not. I managed to get all the way from Onchan to South the other day. In a car. Yes, honestly. I kid you not. So there is still scope for them to dig somewhere else up but you have to find out where by yourself. Its a game of surprises....