Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

What's natalie byron doing there? Is she a Douglas councillor? 

She is, though oddly enough that's not why she's in the photo.  She's acting as Deputy Mayoress, presumably because Janet Thommeny couldn't force a female relative into accompanying her to various tedious Corpy functions.  There are lots more photos if you're interested.

Edited to add:  The IOM Newspapers' story dated 4 September, is based on the above press release from 18 August.  Which is glacial even for them.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Typo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

What's natalie byron doing there? Is she a Douglas councillor? 

More to the point, WTF are any of them doing there. No role these day for that bollocks. Yes, I am a Douglas ratepayer. Nice to have.should be a memory not a salary..

• Like 3

On 9/5/2020 at 4:24 PM, Roger Mexico said:

She is, though oddly enough that's not why she's in the photo.  She's acting as Deputy Mayoress, presumably because Janet Thommeny couldn't force a female relative into accompanying her to various tedious Corpy functions.  There are lots more photos if you're interested.

Edited to add:  The IOM Newspapers' story dated 4 September, is based on the above press release from 18 August.  Which is glacial even for them.

Well to be a Douglas Councilor it’s usually no actual election required now. Stick your papers in and walk in unopposed as literally nobody gives a shit whether your a useless Douglas councilor or not. They’ll be dragging people in off the streets next when even turning up to ask to be let in unopposed isn’t worth it. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Well to be a Douglas Councilor it’s usually no actual election required now. Stick your papers in and walk in unopposed as literally nobody gives a shit whether your a useless Douglas councilor or not. They’ll be dragging people in off the streets next when even turning up to ask to be let in unopposed isn’t worth it. 

Can’t say I remember either of those two getting elected. Bad enough that the taxi driver is mayor. Nice enough fella, but what th.............

edit to add that I’m not even sure we need all the people. I actually am a supporter of David Christian, who knows all there is to know about Douglas and he could run the town better on his own.

(runs for cover.)

Edited by dilligaf

It was a pity the DOI did not take into account the traffic coming up BlackBerry lane(where the detours had sent them) in their traffic management whilst undertaking to remove some paint and cones from around Governer's Dip this afternoon considering they must have been there since 8am. There again double bubble, rake in in boys only 7 more months of unending overtime left on the prom job

13 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

It was a pity the DOI did not take into account the traffic coming up BlackBerry lane(where the detours had sent them) in their traffic management whilst undertaking to remove some paint and cones from around Governer's Dip this afternoon considering they must have been there since 8am. There again double bubble, rake in in boys only 7 more months of unending overtime left on the prom job

Tarmacing up by B&Q this afternoon also (well stood around looking at it).

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

It's a pity the DoI removed the temporary bus stop from Blackberry Lane even though the buses are still running up there. I wouldn't then have had to watch the bus go past me as I was walking up to catch an alternative one on Governor's Road. I think I might actually hate the DoI.

• Like 2