Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

23 minutes ago, Southfork said:

A few near misses in Onchan today. Everyone’s got so used to driving on the wrong wide of the road through Governor's Bridge they’ll be lucky if there isn’t a head on there now it’s back and few advisory signs up. 

Says more about the knuckle dragging morons in cars. The road signage is very clear. Just read and follow. Police should be up there confiscating driving licences of any idiots not following the signs

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I actually am a supporter of David Christian, who knows all there is to know about Douglas and he could run the town better on his own.

(runs for cover.)

Apart from the fact he is a supporter of Manchester City he does a grand job.  In fact there are several councillors who aren't so bad at all, but I agree with the trimming down being planned.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Apple said:

Apart from the fact he is a supporter of Manchester City he does a grand job.  In fact there are several councillors who aren't so bad at all, but I agree with the trimming down being planned.

Also seems a keen supporter on Douglas golf club along with some other councillors. Not sure why when it costs ratepayers over £100k pa subsidy? 

4 hours ago, Southfork said:

A few near misses in Onchan today. Everyone’s got so used to driving on the wrong wide of the road through Governor's Bridge they’ll be lucky if there isn’t a head on there now it’s back and few advisory signs up. 

3 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Says more about the knuckle dragging morons in cars. The road signage is very clear. Just read and follow. Police should be up there confiscating driving licences of any idiots not following the signs

Yep, the road layout is back to how it was before.

There does need to be warning signs that the layout has now changed (back) with maybe a footnote "...ok, we fucked up

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Southfork said:

Indeed - I was one of those yesterday evening at about 7.30 turning right from Victoria Road to be faced with an English Reg Porsche coming across the first roundabout from Onchan side and filtering right facing me head on - when I flashed him he hooked left without looking - almost T boned the car he had accelerated past - thankfully he managed to miss everything.

4 hours ago, gettafa said:

Yep, the road layout is back to how it was before.

There does need to be warning signs that the layout has now changed (back) with maybe a footnote "...ok, we fucked up

3 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Indeed - I was one of those yesterday evening at about 7.30 turning right from Victoria Road to be faced with an English Reg Porsche coming across the first roundabout from Onchan side and filtering right facing me head on - when I flashed him he hooked left without looking - almost T boned the car he had accelerated past - thankfully he managed to miss everything.

I cant believe that Manx drivers are incapable of altering their driving to match the new road layout which is blatantly obvious where you should go.

I mean we have the best drivers in the world on this island, we are that good at driving we don't even need speed limits like the rest of the civilised world, oh no not us, just don't change the road markings in a 30 zone, we cant handle that well………….

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I went through governors firstbyjing this morning then this afternoon, I'm sorry but if you cant see those road markings you shouldn't be driving.

You're right of course. And yes aren't people stupid.

But I wonder what you think about the people who designed that previous (albeit temporary) layout?

I see the road down to St Ninnians traffic lights has not been returned to as it was. They have just removed the bus lane cycle lane words from the ground at the pit lane exit and left lanes as is. Frightened looking girl on a bike wondering why all the cars were behind her as she held them up as they could not get past because of the two lanes. Should reinstate the road as was and take them stupid cycle boxes away at the head of the traffic cues they hold all traffic up and are creating a road hazard. Bicycles should stay in line with the rest of the traffic as per the highway code and not filter to the front. Will get burned for this, But until the DOI conj-our up extra  space so as the magic bike lanes can be separated from the cars we will have to share the space. Which is best done by every body following the highway code which is lawful, unlike most of these schemes they dream up and when some one gets hurt they will run  for the hills. Fire away

• Like 2

I didn't think it was possible but the fuckwits in DoI have managed to make the walkway even more dangerous. Opposite the Gaiety Theatre, pedestrians/cyclists have to enter the flow of traffic to continue along the walkway. Much to the bemusement of drivers. Then as they draw level with Broadway, same again... un-fucking-believable

• Like 1

• slinkydevil changed the title to Promenade - Megathread