Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

21 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Which bits are well run?

Parks & Gardens, refuse collection, recycle collection, library and pretty sure there are hundreds loving their very expensively refurbished/ rebuilt houses. I am not one of them btw.
Not sure what so many of the councillors contribute to though.

A bit like the woman who eats a water melon with her legs open to keep the flies off her food, I think the Promenade is doing a very good job of taking the focus of stuff like the MEA huge mega loans scandal, IRIS, incinerator and many more.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, gettafa said:

A bit like the woman who eats a water melon with her legs open to keep the flies off her food, I think the Promenade is doing a very good job of taking the focus of stuff like the MEA huge mega loans scandal, IRIS, incinerator and many more.

Is the MEA loan STILL a scandal after all these years. ?

14 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Of course, its why you're forking out £200 odd quid a year in 'sewerage' tax.

And why the MUA buys gas and puts a mark up on it to sell to Manx Gas, affecting your gas bill!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Too fucking right it is.

In fact it is a scandal that it isn't a scandal.

They all got away with it. The greedy , nasty, spineless, greed-ridden gets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

It is still a scandal, especially to those of the public who show(ed) any interest or knowledge in exactly what went on. And it should remain a scandal if only as a warning to our politicos that whatever they neglect or try to cover up will eventually come out. A trough-fest for the few and their connected mates.

The truly disgusting part is that nobody was ever properly held to account for what happened; the Board stood down and doubtless moved on to other interests; the other individuals concerned walked away unscathed to their pensions and sunbeds. 

Unlike the bank accounts of energy bill payers, both gas and electricity, plus those of anybody who pulls a toilet chain, which will be contributing for years to come.

The Isle of Man - where you can.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Too fucking right it is.

In fact it is a scandal that it isn't a scandal.

They all got away with it. The greedy , nasty, spineless, greed-ridden gets.

All. I blame one person.

16 minutes ago, Max Power said:

And why the MUA buys gas and puts a mark up on it to sell to Manx Gas, affecting your gas bill!

Manx Gas should never have been sold off. We should own it 

11 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

All. I blame one person.

Then you is a knacker.

So for example what about the big team/s of legal advisers on 'both' sides (there was only ever one side - and they all wanted more of that lovely money, money, money).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

I didn't think it was possible but the fuckwits in DoI have managed to make the walkway even more dangerous. Opposite the Gaiety Theatre, pedestrians/cyclists have to enter the flow of traffic to continue along the walkway. Much to the bemusement of drivers. Then as they draw level with Broadway, same again... un-fucking-believable

They're supposed to cross over the road before Castle Mona Avenue then cross back over by the Gaiety. It's going to be carnage in Douglas tomorrow when Summerhill opens.

From a car users point of view you can't get off the prom if travelling from Onchan before the sea terminal (except to go up Empire Terrace). From a pedestrian and cyclist point of view it's just bloody dangerous. Crossing two lines of traffic and cars turning out of Castle Mona Avenue.

On a side note I wonder if the walkway is going to be able take the weight of the vehicles on it?

All this because they couldn't admit that they'd made a mistake at Governor's Bridge and to cover up Broadway being delivered late. 

• Like 1