Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

30 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I'm not an expert, but surely you can't build gutters without some sort of camber to allow water to drain???

Queens Prom 1.jpg

Douglas Prom 2.jpg

Douglas Prom 3.jpg

You do realise this is not the final layer of tarmac? They’ll put that on right at the end, at which time those ramps up to the tramlines will disappear, and the drainage will (hopefully) work properly.,

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I'm not an expert, but surely you can't build gutters without some sort of camber to allow water to drain???

Queens Prom 1.jpg

Douglas Prom 2.jpg

Douglas Prom 3.jpg

That's brilliant. It's that dodgy spirit level that the DoT have beenpassing around, this sort of thing is all around the Island.

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

The plan is to lift the road several inches so there will be no curb. Just flat straight out to run off on beach. Apparently. 

No.  Theres about 25 mm or so to still go on that part of the road which will enable any water to go into the run off already formed in the kerbs . Hence why water is gathered  currently . It should be fine when they finish the surface level. But I'm not 100% sure they have got levels right . Time will tell 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1