Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

Nah! The intention is to re-build the Seawall out 3m. and bring the MER trams over to it at Port Jack, run along the prom, up Victoria and Woodborne then down Broadway.

To avoid overhead electrics, TKMaxx will supply Kodak batteries.

Estimated cost/ time is £30.00 and 51 million years. Or was it the other way around?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Or it could be that this isnt the final position within the total pavement? Perhaps the pavement will be extended out slightly.

To be fair it's a reasonable sized pavement.  Have you been up there in a wheelchair to check?

So you want this poor man in his wheelchair to check in this weather, if he can get by this lamppost.

What a smeghead.

I realise this is how Government say they have listened to stakeholders, 

1 minute ago, Holte End said:

So you want this poor man in his wheelchair to check in this weather, if he can get by this lamppost.

What a smeghead.

I realise this is how Government say they have listened to stakeholders, 

How do you know it isn't wide enough?

How do you know that's the final piece of work there?

What a dork.

21 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I don't

but I wouldn't ask a man in a wheelchair to go check, if it is wide enough.

Espeicially in this weather.

I didn't ask a man in a wheelchair to check it.

I responded to some doofus who made some assumptions based on a photo.  I asked had he taken a wheelchair up there and checked.   He didn't indicate he was disabled.

He just seemed to be making comments without any real knowledge of the situation. 

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits

20 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Have you been up there in a wheelchair to check?

53 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I didn't ask a man in a wheelchair to check it.

It looks to me like you have ask a  man in a wheelchair to check if the pavement is wide enough.

And you are the one making aspumtions, not this poor man in a wheelchair.

20 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Or it could be that this isnt the final position within the total pavement? Perhaps the pavement will be extended out slightly.

To be fair it's a reasonable sized pavement.  Have you been up there in a wheelchair to check?

If history is anything to go by, we know DOI will have done exactly what they always do.

54 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

They should employ a couple of able bodied wheelchair executives to go around all day checking on these things, surprised they don't.

What about if you just duck tape Tynwald DOI members into their executive chairs,

Then give then a good push from about ten yards to see if this Lamppost is in the way.

2 hours ago, Holte End said:

It looks to me like you have ask a  man in a wheelchair to check if the pavement is wide enough.

And you are the one making aspumtions, not this poor man in a wheelchair.

If history is anything to go by, we know DOI will have done exactly what they always do.

Where did he say he was in a wheelchair ?

On 10/18/2020 at 5:55 PM, Boris Johnson said:

I would put money on Longworth being behind this.

Mate of mine says the buses are forever knocking their wing mirrors off on lamp posts that are positioned like the one in the picture a bit further down the road.

We are supposed to be making the island accessible for all. Okay its about 40 years behind any decent society but at least we now have laws

This quite clearly does not allow the safe passage of wheelchairs, never mind problems for partially sighted and should be removed ASAP

just help you Holte End - see above.  Where does he state he's in a wheelchair?