Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

On 10/18/2020 at 7:21 PM, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Have you been up there in a wheelchair to check?

20 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

where does that say he's wheelchair bound?

This is all VERY familiar.

Familiarity breeds contempt, I don't think anybody holds you in contempt more than me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Because of the narrowness of the pavement, it would be better to place the poles up against the railings and curve the upper part of the pole out over the road.

I think there is some credence to the bus mirrors theory. So basically the disabled and women pushing prams can do one as long as some fat lazy bus driver doesn’t get to clip a mirror. Because as we know Bus Vannin actually run everything! 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

On 10/18/2020 at 7:22 PM, yootalkin2me said:

There has to be a minimum of 450mm clearance from the perpendicular of the kerb edge to the furthest extruding part of any street furniture whilst maintaining a 1.2m clearance on the footway between the kerb and and obstacle so as to allow prams, wheelchairs etc.

I’ve had this sort of thing contested before. The average wheel to wheel width of a wheelchair is 26 inches which is over two feet so there is clearly no way a disabled person could negotiate that. Plus there’s lots of mums who use that pavement to get down to the prom from Onchan for a push into town. Seems bonkers. 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I dunno man...

Dog, you're off your head, Holte End isn't Boredom. That's someone else much more obvious on here

The odd thing is that TDDB seems obsessed with Boredom and who they are (or not).  But Boredom stopped (or was stopped) posting in 2017 and TDDB didn't start till September 2019.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The odd thing is that TDDB seems obsessed with Boredom and who they are (or not).  But Boredom stopped (or was stopped) posting in 2017 and TDDB didn't start till September 2019.

Thats weird as there don't seem to be any historic posts made by a poster of that name on this forum so how would any members know the dates or content or anything? Seems incredibly odd.