Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

But if contractors are on a fixed price contract with time penalties surely it makes sense to work Sunday to try & finish on time?

If that's the case, a watertight government contract will be a first, most of them you can drive a coach and horses through !

1 hour ago, Banker said:

But if contractors are on a fixed price contract with time penalties surely it makes sense to work Sunday to try & finish on time?

On good authority, most of the issues have been caused by a ill prepared DOI planning which prevented a sensible work schedule and bigger work force. I believe that the day rate hours booked are very very high due to inability of contractors in early days to proceed .

5 hours ago, Banker said:

Regarding promenade delays, does anyone know why they don’t work on Sundays when it’s even quieter than the weekdays?

I did overhear on the the workman talking to a business owner in one of the side streets that they were now doing 12 hour days, 7 days a week.

I think that weather - like today for instance - may have an impact on that

Looks like a channel to carry ducting of some sort? Pedestrian crossing or traffic light related maybe? 

Or maybe it's a permanent hi-tec, eternal traffic counter to give accurate figures on MAMIL use to justify future cycle lanes...

Just as well they didn't install it on Peel or Lezayre Roads then....