Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

The article is about his appearance before the Public Accounts Committee on 25 November and notable for the quotes in it making no sense whatsoever - even as English.  The Hansard isn't up yet (committees are always the end of the queue) but the audio suggests he was just as incoherent as the article suggests:

https://www.tynwald.org.im/business/listen/AgainFiles/pac201125a.mp3

As usual with Black you start out wondering how someone like that could ever end up in a position of responsibility in any organisation and end up wondering how he managed to get his shoes on the right feet.

• Like 3

Hahaha they're smashing the red concrete out. Hahaha, no one could possibly have forseen that firstly using the rails as shutters would lead to it cracking, or that pouring the finished layer before smashing the roads up either side would also lead to it cracking, and then injecting resin into the cracks wouldn't work. Incredible how unlucky they've been really.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Hahaha they're smashing the red concrete out. Hahaha, no one could possibly have forseen that firstly using the rails as shutters would lead to it cracking, and then injecting resin into the cracks wouldn't work. Incredible how unlucky they've been really.

I will be interested to see  what happens where the tracks cross from the middle to the side of the road  near Clarence Terrace especially what happens with expansion and contraction. Between Summerhill and there there are no expansion joints and so there will likely be considerable force pushing and pulling on the rails where it curves quite sharply to cross the road as it heats up and cools down.

Normally you would have resin between the concrete and the rails to give a bit of give but we are using a unique untried system I believe.

Edited by ellanvannin2010
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The article is about his appearance before the Public Accounts Committee on 25 November and notable for the quotes in it making no sense whatsoever - even as English.  The Hansard isn't up yet (committees are always the end of the queue) but the audio suggests he was just as incoherent as the article suggests:

As usual with Black you start out wondering how someone like that could ever end up in a position of responsibility in any organisation and end up wondering how he managed to get his shoes on the right feet.

Do we have lots of visiting Mercedes buses and coaches here I wonder?.

Cannot recall seeing many.

Only benefit I can see is discounted parts but one of the stories, sorry business case, told to justify buying new was that they were bought with a full service package so that benefit may not be much

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Do we have lots of visiting Mercedes buses and coaches here I wonder?.

Cannot recall seeing many.

Only benefit I can see is discounted parts but one of the stories, sorry business case, told to justify buying new was that they were bought with a full service package so that benefit may not be much

What unmitigated bullshit to justify a department out of control with taxpayers cash, I would love him to be questioned by a raft of taxpayers in public not Watterson and co who are about as forensic and probing as a pair of comfy slippers !!!!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, asitis said:

What unmitigated bullshit to justify a department out of control with taxpayers cash, I would love him to be questioned by a raft of taxpayers in public not Watterson and co who are about as forensic and probing as a pair of comfy slippers !!!!

I believe that time may well be coming!

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Why not watch it all on Paul’s YouTube. That way you get the body language too 

first PAC to be filmed in full

• Thanks 2

Im curious about the junction between the red concrete corridor and tarmac main road surface. Wont the tarmac lift at this junction when water gets in at the edge? Is it a weak point?

If the tarmac does lift and exposes the edge of the concrete corridor, is the concrete likely to chip and crack with heavy vehicles passing over it?