Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 minute ago, Dirty Buggane said:

And what about the legality of these so called crossings. Did the road crossing markings at the heritage trail in Crosby contribute to the death of the unfortunate cyclist, Last month.

There's a process ongoing around that incident at the moment. Probably best to leave it until that has been concluded 

Edited by AlanShimmin
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

And what about the legality of these so called crossings. Did the road crossing markings at the heritage trail in Crosby contribute to the death of the unfortunate cyclist, Last month.

I remember the Sultan coming out with an equally identical style idiotic comment about the tragic accident on Lezayre Road a few months back.  Jesus wept.

• Haha 1

I don't understand why they didn't just re do the entire prom including the walkway. That is in desperate need of re doing. Sunken gardens also.

Then again....we would probably be waiting another five years and end up with a tarmac garden complete with questionable crossing concepts.

All hail the dawdling building company.

1 hour ago, Chie said:

I don't understand why they didn't just re do the entire prom including the walkway. That is in desperate need of re doing. Sunken gardens also.

Then again....we would probably be waiting another five years and end up with a tarmac garden complete with questionable crossing concepts.

All hail the dawdling building company.

The plan is to resurface the walkway, once the Promenade is finished. 

12 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

That Dick Longworth has cost this island dear with his grandiose schemes and vehicles that are not wanted or needed. What has he got on the hierarchy of this island. Videos/pictures/ portraits of them all in compromising positions with an aardvark. Tables stacked with cash. Under age asparagus parties. Cannot even make him retire now, even if he did they would want back the messiah who can sort out any problems. You just have to look at the cabbage. Medication time🤑 

Because you capitalised the 'D', I genuinely read this and thought 'Who is Dick Longworth? If he's that influential, how come I've never heard of him?'

Edited by Nellie
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Because you capitalised the 'D', I genuinely read this and thought 'Who is Dick Longworth? If he's that influential, how come I've never heard of him?'

It's all about the way the sentence is constructed...

Edited by Neil Down

On 2/5/2021 at 7:39 PM, Numbnuts said:

So that also gets them out of the embrassment of failing to put in estimates the Traffic lights where the track was to go across the road

A FoI response has resulted in the minutes of a meeting concerning the horse trams to be revealed. It contains wondrous statements such as:

"provide a holistic tram crossing control using transponders for detection."

and

"Points to be operated using H&K controllers linked to a purpose built signal controller, which is triggered by line side tag readers."

So it was not just traffic lights, it was electronically controlled points. The skirting boards pale into insignificance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

A FoI response has resulted in the minutes of a meeting concerning the horse trams to be revealed. It contains wondrous statements such as:

"provide a holistic tram crossing control using transponders for detection."

and

"Points to be operated using H&K controllers linked to a purpose built signal controller, which is triggered by line side tag readers."

So it was not just traffic lights, it was electronically controlled points. The skirting boards pale into insignificance.

And I am sure electronic points that are unused for six months of the year at a seafront area that is prone to coastal overtopping will be ultra reliable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1