Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

24 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

What a pity nobody taught you how to read. Were you in the gardening class at school...:whatever:

Well go on then bell scratch explain what you meant. I reread several times and you say you want trams along marine drive. 

(However I expect some curt reply with no explanation and a really shit derogatory comment to complete the response )

2 hours ago, Gizo said:

Well go on then bell scratch explain what you meant. I reread several times and you say you want trams along marine drive. 

(However I expect some curt reply with no explanation and a really shit derogatory comment to complete the response )

"They should have sorted out the Marine Drive". Instead of racing in there trying to be clever when you are ill equipped, you should have enquired about this bit. As it is you will now never know so you and your alter ego can carry on with the insults.

15 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

"They should have sorted out the Marine Drive". Instead of racing in there trying to be clever when you are ill equipped, you should have enquired about this bit. As it is you will now never know so you and your alter ego can carry on with the insults.

Still doesn’t make any sense. Should have? Go on then what should they have done to Marine drive that would have made horse trams useable? 

12 hours ago, paswt said:

I like the horse trams , when the grandkids and visitors are over it's on their list of things to do , same with the MER and the railway  including Groudle  and the one at the Wildlife Park.

They also used look forward to visits to "The Cosy Nook" cafe at Port Erin but I wouldn't put it past the Commissioners to get it demolished and build another eyesore.

Some call getting rid of the 'heritage stuff' on  the island 'progress' I prefer to think of it as vandalism.

Just saying:flowers:

Some people just love to moan.

11 hours ago, Neil Down said:

I too like the horse trams. They should have sorted out the Marine Drive and let the trams go from Douglas Head to Port Soderick. Nice leisurely ride with a good scenic view

Much better as a nice leisurely walk without too much of the infernal combustion engine around.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MrPB said:

Of course now that the operating costs and fares collected on the trams have been published it’s become abundantly clear that the taxpayer could have saved about £400,000 this year by simply not doing anything with the bloody things. I can’t see why they’re so keen to get back up and running so soon so that they can start to lose another £300,000 of our money this year like they usually do. 

Don't worry. The school kids are helping chip in now with their bus fare money. Cregeen will probably get more of their lunch money off them next too.

Seriously though, with people in pain waiting long times for hospital treatment...this all stinks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Only a week to go before the horse trams run. 

Unless they get DIY SOS in to finish it off I have my douts about it happening. 

They might bring Charlie Dimmock in. We'd get a few nipple shots then too.

12 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I worry Mr Harmer and his team will be duffing up kids at the school gate for their dinner money next. I don’t see why fares should not go up on the trams to cover their inability to save money. The stealth tax would be voluntary then and not mandatory. 

I think if they put the tram fares up they'd have even fewer passengers. Last time I looked, Laxey to the top of Snaefell was about £20! But hey, you get a hell of a ride on the way down :lol:

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

I think if they put the tram fares up they'd have even fewer passengers. Last time I looked, Laxey to the top of Snaefell was about £20! But hey, you get a hell of a ride on the way down :lol:

Douglas to Snaefell  adult return is £16