Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I honestly don't think that's correct but I stand to be corrected. This information must be available somewhere

It is correct and has been discussed on here loads, including when Chris Thomas was still posting here. In any other situation it would be described as a ponzi scheme, where you constantly need to sign up new members to pay out the old.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

It is correct and has been discussed on here loads, including when Chris Thomas was still posting here. In any other situation it would be described as a ponzi scheme, where you constantly need to sign up new members to pay out the old.

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

With thanks to @The Teapot for originally posting, left column, para 4 tells lots.

Bearing in mind that those "employee contributions" also come from Govt because they're coming from Govt payroll.

EuXIJFeWgAUR91C.png

There it is. I stand corrected

1 hour ago, Wordsworth said:

It probably wasn’t to much fun demolishing the new concrete block walls they have just built in front of the Sefton, on the plus side  the rain kept the dust down and few spectators/ taxpayers to witness another got it wrong again dad moment.

These are major cock ups tbh. Not sure how there making so many but clearly something is very wrong with management and supervision down there . I know around there some of the kerbs are wrong level also .

8 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

It’s exactly the same in UK although I think one of Channel Islands does have a fund but not sure which one.

The only government owned entities with actual pensions funds are the post office and steam packet 

Edited by Banker

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s exactly the same in UK although I think one of Channel Islands does have a fund but not sure which one.

The only government owned entities with actual pensions funds are the post office and steam packet 

Think Police have there own as now again do the Fire service . 

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Think Police have there own as now again do the Fire service . 

I thought they were all amalgamated under G.U.S.? I know the MEA/Water Authority schemes were absorbed because I know a couple of guys in there...they both reckon that the MEA/Water schemes were screwed over on amalgamation because their schemes were adequately funded; unlike what they were being sucked into.

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

I think they were rolled in to GUS and presumably into general funding!

Didnt they try that with Fire service in UK too and they took it tonthe High Court and won so they retained there independance pension wise . I will check with a Police friend on theres. For sure they pay in around 13% I believe   

Edited by Numbnuts

4 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

These are major cock ups tbh. Not sure how there making so many but clearly something is very wrong with management and supervision down there . I know around there some of the kerbs are wrong level also .

I noticed today that they were also lifting the blocks on the crossing by Senna Slip as a large number had moved under the weight of traffic. No idea if they will rethink this or just put them back down, as they were.

39 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I noticed today that they were also lifting the blocks on the crossing by Senna Slip as a large number had moved under the weight of traffic. No idea if they will rethink this or just put them back down, as they were.

By Quids inn ? apparently all around there has to be lifted as its wrong and subsidence taken place . Thats DOI I think though that did that so they will have to put it right . At our expense of course 

I do wonder if rolled crushed stone is going to be strong enough in this harsh environment. After all, it is replacing concrete in most areas.  Did our predecessors know something we don’t know ?

11 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I thought they were all amalgamated under G.U.S.? I know the MEA/Water Authority schemes were absorbed because I know a couple of guys in there...they both reckon that the MEA/Water schemes were screwed over on amalgamation because their schemes were adequately funded; unlike what they were being sucked into.

I'm not sure the public sector schemes were ever adequately funded.  They were funded, for sure, but when you look at it the likes of the Fire Service and Police, despite employees paying perhaps 10 to 15% would have needed and addition 25 to 30% from the employer to provide the sort of retirement packages they do.

I dont really know if rolling anything into GUS made a difference for no other reason than general taxation or reserves is always going to pick up pensions shortfalls no matter if they had segregation of pots or not.