Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

33 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

At what point can businesses sue IOMG over this fiasco? 

EDEB297B-F8F2-41A4-875C-8140E3B152CD.jpeg

Never? Government not a "sue-able" entity or something like that?

But consider: If they can pull the, "Nobody's fault, nobody accountable" verdict for a £350M Power Station debt, a mere £30M-odd Promenade fiasco can definitely be batted away without a blink?

Perhaps the only recourse open to those affected is to get on to their respective MHKs and say, "YOU are part of the administration which is responsible for this epic cluster-fuck. What are YOU doing about it and I want to know BEFORE YOU come asking for my vote in September? And if YOU haven't got an answer, don't come asking".

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Never? Government not a "sue-able" entity or something like that?

But consider: If they can pull the, "Nobody's fault, nobody accountable" verdict for a £350M Power Station debt, a mere £30M-odd Promenade fiasco can definitely be batted away without a blink?

Good point

15 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

At what point can businesses sue IOMG over this fiasco? 

EDEB297B-F8F2-41A4-875C-8140E3B152CD.jpeg

The way there treating businesses on the Prom is criminal and you should be able to sue them or similiar . I have a friend with two businesses and properties down there and access to one is zero and no rate rebate or the likes . The footfall  there if you can even get close to the other property is not much better than zero and thats before you take in the lack of visitors . I feel for Marco big time as not sure I could keep my shit together in this sort of situation . Morally Government is killing businesses by incompetence and like most things they just dont give a toss . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

The way there treating businesses on the Prom is criminal and you should be able to sue them or similiar . I have a friend with two businesses and properties down there and access to one is zero and no rate rebate or the likes . The footfall  there if you can even get close to the other property is not much better than zero and thats before you take in the lack of visitors . I feel for Marco big time as not sure I could keep my shit together in this sort of situation . Morally Government is killing businesses by incompetence and like most things they just dont give a toss . 

Does any business have a legal right to access by the public. ?  You may own the building, but you don’t own the access. The Gov. pay for the access to your property.

Just now, dilligaf said:

Does any business have a legal right to access by the public. ?  You may own the building, but you don’t own the access. The Gov. pay for the access to your property.

Some businesses the land in front of building is not owned by Gov. My friend is responsible for land in front of one of his .Also what you pay business rates for and the likes . Surely no point in doing that if you didnt have a accessible business . 

In the last-but-one "Strategic" Board Minutes, it is noted that "the new owners of the Sefton Hotel has declined to provide the previously agreed financial contribution for enhancement of the hotel boundary features". So they are perhaps not too pleased at progress on their frontage.

In the same meeting "It was also agreed that perhaps Christmas lights on excavators and/or fencing might be a possibility". So someone was taking things seriously.

Also what do the letters CE mean in this context? Contract Extension, Contract Exclusion?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

In the last-but-one "Strategic" Board Minutes, it is noted that "the new owners of the Sefton Hotel has declined to provide the previously agreed financial contribution for enhancement of the hotel boundary features". So they are perhaps not too pleased at progress on their frontage.

That was a rather optimistic request. Rather like some pikey’s digging up your drive so you can’t park your car and then demanding money to put the tarmac back down. I can’t see that it’s a tactic that could possibly work other than inside the head of a public sector manager. 

• Like 1